Location: Antony, France
Requisition Number: 216497
France Data Engineers bring a wide variety of technical expertise and experience to our customers. They have demonstrable knowledge of data ecosystems, supporting technologies and services.
The Data Engineer will specialise in the development of data acquisition processes, the design of resilient data pipelines, and the integration of data into data models. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture. The Data Engineer designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. They participate in making decisions on database design and overall solution architecture. The role demands adaptability and the ability to step-up and take ownership of project deliverables when needed.
The role holder will be passionate about data, the constant evolution of data technologies, and its increasingly pervasive influence in the way our customers operate. They will have experience in data related projects and a grasp of how data is employed in modern organisations. They will be expected to engage with customer stakeholders and provide guidance in the areas of data management, data modelling, solution design, and cloud architecture. Knowledge in areas such as DataOps, DevOps and Cloud Migration as well as demonstrable experience with one or more public cloud platforms would be an advantage.
This role is client facing and as such significant travel may be required.
- A well-rounded individual with consulting experience.
- Strong SQL and data analysis skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in the project environment.
- Good current knowledge of, or an eagerness to gain knowledge of the Teradata technology stack.
- Able to actively support customer meetings and workshops.
- The potential to step up to more senior project roles when required.
- Technical solution analysis and design.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the data domain as well as wider technology trends and developments.
- Able to contribute to the design, development, and delivery of client solutions from definition phase through implementation.
- Works to become a go-to person for both the customer and Teradata team for ideas, advice and guidance.
- Communicate and promote standards continual improvement of best practice.
- Ability to clearly communicate solution design and approach with client technical and business stakeholders.
- Maintains knowledge functional/industry trends and develops project strategies.
- Participates in the development of Data Practice methods and tools.
- Takes a proactive role in identifying new consulting opportunities and communicates them with the project team.
- Challenges self and others to his/her fullest potential.
- Contributes to lessons learned and sharing those lessons with team members.
- Develops productive relationships with customer stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and suggest alternative approaches or technical solutions.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of the full lifecycle in a variety of software development methodologies. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD.
- Automation/Application Development/ Scripting (i.e. Java, shell scripting), Jenkins/Others, Git/SVN/Others
- Knowledge and experience with latest tools and technologies in Data and Analytics domain including open-source tools
- Good communicator with both business and technical stakeholders. Able to adapt communication style to the needs of different audiences.
- Sound understanding of database concepts and different database design techniques.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Both in English and French.
- Awareness of database standards for security, coding, templates, connectivity and source control.
- Knowledge and experience of Teradata and other Database Technology (Oracle/SQL Server/Redshift/Big Query/Synapse/Snowflake).
- Public Cloud experience or certifications (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Knowledge and experience of one or more ETL/Integration tool (Ab-initio/DataStage/Informatica etc).
- Knowledge or experience of one of more BI technology (Business Objects/Tableau/MicroStrategy/Qlik etc).
- Broader technical/programming skillset (Python, R, Groovy, VB, C# etc).
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antony, Ile-de-France FR