Tech Lead – Data Engineering
Location: Antony, France
Requisition Number: 216493
This Tech Lead position supports the Consulting Delivery teams in demand creation and delivery of Teradata high-value, strategic consulting services. This person contributes to continuous improvement of services delivery methodology, standards, and tools by leveraging best practices knowledge and experience, and provides thought leadership and mentoring to the Solution Teams and Consulting Delivery consultants.
This person works closely with Sales and Consulting Delivery Management in creating and delivering on revenue opportunities for new accounts and user base expansion across the industry verticals. The intent is to use specific high-value services to drive customer demand not only for Professional Services but also for Teradata data warehousing solutions (hardware, software, and applications). The Senior Consultant is responsible for developing, facilitating and delivering these high value services while providing best practices knowledge transfer to other Consulting Delivery resources within the organization.
The Tech Lead is responsible for qualifying new engagement opportunities and the successful delivery of services in the Consulting Services Portfolio.
This individual will provide thought leadership in the development of new programs/services to maximize new revenue growth opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop, communicate and execute industry strategies and initiatives
- Understand customer needs and recommend the right solutions at the right time
- Be a trusted advisor to the client’s decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse technology and Teradata’s solution offerings
- Work with “C” level executives
- Support Sales Teams in positioning and selling High Value Services to prospect and existing customers
- Lead, mentor and manage Consulting Delivery consultants on Delivery and Services engagements
- Lead discovery consulting sessions with executive business leaders, business analysts, end-users, and IT personnel
- Contribute to the development of new techniques, methodologies or plans within area of expertise
- Recommend practice improvements based on lessons learned
- Participate in knowledge transfer activities
- Mentor and teach others
- Leads by example
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Motivated, Innovative and Resourceful
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment
- Ability to influence and coach others
- High level of personal integrity
- Proven high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Optimizes use of available resources
- Team focus - works within a professional services team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others
- Results orientation – focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Meeting deadlines and produce high quality work
- Relationship building – relates to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner. Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns. Initiates and develops relationships with others
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Business, IT or related degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years’ experience of progressive experience in/around data warehousing, business intelligence, and advanced analytical environments
- Experience writing, negotiating Statements of Work
- Experience applying structured methodologies in the creation/delivery of work product
- Experience in Data Warehouse projects using Teradata technology in a similar role
- Prefer experience with some of the current Teradata High Value services as specified in the Consulting Services Portfolio
- Experiences in Identifying and Designing Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and develops emerging patterns
- Preferred Professional Certification (Cloud certification)
- Fluency in both English and French
- Strong presentation skills
- Ideal background would include Telecommunications and/or Finance Industry knowledge
- Solid understanding of the use of Information Technology within the industry
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas
- Consulting soft skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating, and managing meetings, and questioning and probing
- Expertise in Cloud computing
- Demonstrate an understanding of cloud computing and cloud native tools from at least one of the following CSPs (Google Cloud, Azure or AWS).
- Experience in designing and transferring applications to the cloud is a plus.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Tech Lead – Data Engineering
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antony, Ile-de-France FR