DevOps Engineer (Python)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 216491
Role - DevOps Engineer
Teradata is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then this is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a DevOps Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, and secure systems in a distributed system highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Develop, build and implement highly available systems in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments.
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools using Python, PowerShell, GO or Bash
- Experience deploying and managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Automate monitoring tools to monitor system health and reliability to support high uptime requirements.
- Automate infrastructure in Multi-Cloud (AWS, GCP and Azure) with Terraform and Ansible
- Automate backup and restoration processes and test the recovery of those backups on a regular basis.
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery with modern CI/CD systems.
- Working with the development teams to clarify runtime infrastructure requirements.
- Collaborating with other team members to decompose large tasks into small, testable commits.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Understanding performance and security considerations for the code we deploy
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems.
- Perform and improve SRE / operational functions, such as monitoring and maintenance of productions systems.
- 3+ years of relevant job experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Cloud technologies
- Good hands-on experience on public cloud platforms, at least two of the big three (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure). AWS experience is must.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in developing CI/CD pipelines and performing Automation.
- Strong coding skills with precise expertise in Python, Shell scripting, Ansible, Terraform, Cloud formation etc
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic etc
- Experience working in Code deployment and Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle would be an added advantage.
- Experience working in hybrid environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer (Python)
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN