Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 216487
- Responsible for designing and implementing new complex features leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Experience in designing Concurrent/Multi-Threaded programming.
- Ability to carry out functional and performance analysis across various subsystem within a parallel computing database.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle for the product.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience.
- 8+ years of experience using advanced C/C++ in a highly parallel computing environment
- 8+ years of experience with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Deep understanding of data structures coupled with ability to write algorithms
- Exposure to RDBMS internals and working knowledge of SQL Joins
- Extensive working knowledge on various Query Optimization techniques
- Understanding of Virtualization and/or cloud computing.
- Familiarity with AWS/Azure/GCP or any other public cloud environments.
- Exposure to various Benchmarks (e.g., TPCH/TPCDS)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Telangana IN