Sr. Cloud Performance Architect
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 216477
The Cloud Architecture Performance Solutions (CAPS) team is a unique and important group of people whose primary focus is to analyze engineering deliverables, whether inhouse or at a customer, evaluate their performance and functionality, and work closely with engineering and testing to identify problems and opportunities. In addition, a performance architect might be asked to assess Next Gen Cloud Architecture products & features for production performance readiness, or conduct/document large stress tests such as the “1012 node stress test" conducted in the AWS environment in Fall 2021. Benchmarks, customer workloads, and unique one-off testbeds are among the tools used in this team. This is a new and extremely useful Engineering role and the dividends have already been demonstrated by the existing team.
- As a Next Gen Cloud Architecture Performance Architect, you will be responsible for evaluating specific Next Gen Cloud Architecture features in a variety of environments using a variety of techniques. You might work closely with a customer to enable their workload, or you might work directly with engineering to evaluate Next Gen Cloud Architecture products/features, such as optimizer features, the cache, or the new object store file system.
- Customer-facing work might involve: Work with early adopters. Load strategies, physical design, performance analysis and tuning. Analyze product/feature gaps based on early customer experience & provide feedback to engineering.
- Internal work might involve: work with R&D to performance test the product/feature in different scenarios: industry benchmarks, specific operations (tactical, etc.)
Required Skills (some of the following):
- 10+ years of Teradata field/engineering experience.
- Performance Benchmarking experience
- Fluency in SQL
- Linux Operating System
- Web architectures and services: HTTP, REST, sockets, JSON, etc.
- Cloud Platform environments: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- A passion for software quality
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Scripting languages such as Python or C# or Bash
- Programming languages such as GoLang, C, C++, Java
- Teradata Database administration experience.
- Teradata Database tools for performance analysis (DBQL, ResUsage, etc.)
- Knowledge of network protocols and operation.
- System integration and testing knowledge.
- Grasp of operating systems concepts including filesystems, networks, and memory management.
- Bachelors degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience -or- 8+ years at least eight years of relevant architect experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Cloud Performance Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US