Financial Planning Analyst
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 216476
Financial Planning Analyst
Reporting Responsibility: Geo Planning Manager
The role will be the financial planning resource for the SA Planning Manager , bringing broad financial expertise (including planning, pricing, accounting practices/policies, revenue recognition and order management) to the table as well as managing and optimising all business operational activities. This will be critical in a range of activities, from investment decisions, asset management, resource deployment, setting of objectives, annual and strategic planning direction, and evaluation and action planning around the state of the business and enhancing all the business operations and infrastructure groups.
Itwill require frequent communication, leadership, and teaming with the Planning Manager, in order to meet the requirements of the business.
Key focus areas for this position will be specifically:
- Ownership and development of the monthly Outlook and annual Plan
- Understand software accounting rules and its impact to the Outlook
- Understand and continually review business processes
- Sales Compensation
You will be responsible for (include but are not limited to)
- Supporting the Monthly Outlook Process / Reporting
- Work with the Planning Manager, VP, Sales Managers to understand existing and future business (order and revenue opportunities)
- Analyse revenue, orders & backlog to provide backlog forecasts to validate revenue risk
- Analysis and forecasting of Selling cost lines, primary focus on:
- Salaries and benefits and commissions
- Travel and entertainment
- Outside contractor services
- Explain variances to Outlook and Plan
- Manage the accrual process
- Working with regional accounting team to prepare journals for revenue and expenses adjustments
- Validation of monthly revenue recognitions are in accordance with Teradata internal revenue recognition guidelines
- Understand and manage the Sales commissions process
- Responsibility of reconciliation of monthly sales results in the sales compensation tool and ensure consistent with financial results.
- Use of Business Objects and ERP tools for reporting and transaction processing
- Prepare actual and forecasted P&L with commentary
- Support management in presenting outlook and be able to comment on Plan, Outlook, risk related questions
- Prepare reporting pack and commentary
- Line-of sight orders and revenue
- Expense analysis
- Support the Annual Planning Process
- Support the planning process
- Prepare annual Plans & Budgets including:
- Order and revenue
- Headcount planning and validation of salary targets
- Determine calendarisation and allocation methodologies with a quarterly focus
- Year-end backlog forecasts
- Reviewing and determining organization profit and cost centres
- Apply accounting changes
- Expense budget allocations – communicating allocations to the organisation
- Prepare revenue analysis in accordance to software accounting rules and review revenue outlook to ensure forecasting accuracy.
- Reviews contracts of multi-element deals as part of the Revenue recognition process to ensure the following;
- Revenue is properly allocated to each element of the deal using the Relative Selling Price or VSOE guidelines
- Documents and reviews impacts of non- standard terms and conditions and consult with revenue manager to ensure no adverse impact to revenue recognition
- Assist Planning Manager in assuring appropriate levels of financial and internal controls are maintained within the Unit.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses work on special projects
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Planning Manager with Outlook process and reporting and to understand strategic direction
- Work closely with Planning Manager to help them understand our business and any risks.
- Sales Operation from forecasting aspect
- Sales Support Analyst and Teradata Order Management Group (TOMG) for order and revenue process
- Regular contact and communication with Sales organisation
- Interconnect with and Revenue Team and Pricing team
- Financial Shared Services Centre (FSSC) for understanding general ledger transactions
- Bachelor qualifications in Finance, Business, Accounting
- 1-2 years experience in finance roles such as Planning Analyst or Management Accountant within a sales – driven, customer focused organization.
- Experience gained within Software industry would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Business Objects and Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Projects executive presence
- Attention to detail
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent English verbal communication and presentations skills
- Lateral thinker – ability to explore alternative avenues
- Proven decision-making capabilities
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels within Teradata
- Strong IT skills
What we need from you
- Be a self-starter and self-directed
- Thrive on delivering a high level of customer service (internal and external)
- Have a proven high level of dedication and commitment.
- Be results-oriented and driven.
- Demonstrate a level of responsibility for taking ownership of projects
- Display a proven ability to work under pressure
- Enjoy working in a team and communicates openly, directly and diplomatically
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, transforming organization is a must
- Growth and profit driven culture
- Requires multi-tasking ability
- Continual change
- Competing priorities
- Learning/growth opportunities
- Cyclical work schedules
- Team-focused, very competitive environment
- Interface with multiple levels of management
- Must be comfortable working with a team of high-level IT professionals.
- Success and ability is rewarded
- Opportunities also exist for cross-training and career development.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
City: Kuala Lumpur
State: Kuala Lumpur
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Planning Analyst
Job Category: Finance
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur MY