Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 216469
This position is for Staff Engineer for OS Engineering team. OSE Team is comprised of engineers working on core kernel, debugging, testing automation and validation, working towards the same goal: to provide comprehensive, reliable, and scalable solutions for the Teradata SQL Engine (i.e. Teradata Database) for our supported public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). We are looking for a candidate to join our fast paced and cutting-edge development organization that is on the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
This position is for Staff Engineer for OS Engineering team within the Vantage Core, Platform Software organization. The position involves being part of the OS software engineering teams responsible for the development, integration, functional and performance testing of OS Level features for our public cloud and on-premise solutions. The engineer will be responsible for:
• ensuring the timely delivery of committed features
• liaising with other engineering teams for key features.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, empathetic, and creative engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. Given our team’s focus on solutions in the cloud, the ideal candidate should also have experience working on projects on Linux Kernel, AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud. Experience with Teradata Vantage is also preferred.
• Implements SW Features on Teradata cloud and on-prem offering at OS level.
• Experience working in fast paced agile scrum development environment.
• Deep understanding of Linux Kernel concepts.
• Experience with public and/or private cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare ESXi, etc.
• Proficiency with C, bash and Python.
• Experience with complex network topology setup.
• Ability to provide assistance to our customer facing teams in customer support cases related to Linux OS escalated to engineering. Ability to provide similar support to internal development teams as well on OS issues/questions.
• Knowledge of and experience with DevOps automation tools and libraries a plus.
• Experience working with ARM processors a plus.
• Experience with Teradata Vantage a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education and Residency Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 8+ years of work experience.
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 6+ years of work experience.
• PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years of work experience requirement.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US