Director, Process Management
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 216449
The Director of Business Process Management will be part of the newly formed Office of Program and Business Process Management. This team has the sole purpose of bringing organization, structure, and business process maturity to the company’s most strategic initiatives and operational imperatives.
The role will act as a master process architect, people manager and thought leader in building an end-to-end approach to business process management with the overarching goal of creating, executing, and sustaining a high-functioning team to drive our strategy, mature our operating model, enable our people to do their best work, and build scaled solutions to some of our most complex problems.
• Build and enable a best-in-class Business Process Management Office, leveraging industry best practices in business process management, agile methodologies, and robotic process automation to ensure consistent business results are achieved
• Develop a process architecture strategy, in collaboration with key stakeholders, to establish and advance an end-to-end business process future state vision
• Lead a disciplined approach, alongside key business partners, to maintaining process at all levels through the Enterprise Process Framework
• Facilitate cross-functional business process governance to establish links between strategy and improvement initiatives, monitor/measure progress, and ensure sustainability
• Manage a team of process analysts/architects and lead demand management, resource allocation, and outcome reporting for business process engagements
• Maintain knowledge of current and emerging business process management capabilities and develop/cascade consistent business process standards enterprise-wide
• Will require occasional travel
Required Education and Experience:
• 15+ years in Business Process Management leadership roles that involve process design, operating model evolution, and organization of people, processes, and technology
• Experienced people manager/leader with a focus on creating high-functioning, inclusive teams
• Collaborative leadership abilities, with a team-oriented mindset and ability to work in cross-functional engagements
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to engage at Executive Leadership level
• Analytical; makes data-driven decisions and can present complex ideas in a logical manner
• Results-oriented; can quickly and efficiently drive engagements from concept through execution and report on results
• Ability to manage a budget and meet financial targets
• Location is considered OPEN across the continental USA, but the role will require occasional travel as necessary.
• Candidates located near an office (for example, San Diego, CA, Munich, Germany or London, England) will work in a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) is required. A graduate degree is a strong plus.
• Certified Business Process Management Professional (BPM Certification) is highly preferred, though not mandatory.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Process Management
Job Category: Business Development
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US