Finance Accounting Specialist
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 216430
Teradata is looking to recruit an accountant of Controllership activities in Japan. This position will have primary responsibility of the day–to-day accounting and reporting functions for Teradata Japan. Also need to increase visibility in order to support growth agenda in business functions while ensuring internal business control and compliance. The role will report directly to Japan Controller and work closely with other Controllership team.
Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly accounting closes in accordance with corporate policies, internal control systems and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (USGAAP) Also responsible for general business unit compliance with applicable corporate policies and internal control requirements, as well as creation and timely submission of monthly closing packages and other business unit financial analysis as needed
- Responsible for documenting and entering assigned journal entries into the general ledger and reconciling assigned accounts prior to the period close each month.
- Reconcile and post data from the month end closing.
- Support to reconcile bank accounts.
- Track prepaid and other asset amortization tables.
- Month end processing and general accounting:
- Monitor general ledger to ensure all activity has been properly posted
- Responsible for reviewing account reconciliations identifying errors.
- Required to identify business issues and process improvement opportunities, document facts, and prepare solutions and recommendations to the Manager - General Accounting.
- Responsible for key accounting processes and preparing management reports summarizing activity and findings.
- Required to interact with department heads to lead projects as the Finance representative, document progress and issues and communicates the project status with the Manager.
Job Requirements, Education and Background
- Good technical level of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP),
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent in accounting; MBA or CPA equivalent preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience in accounting
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably Oracle or a similar software
- Shared service center experience desirable
- Working with multiple currencies and subsidiaries
- Team Player must have ability cross group and cross-country boundaries.
- Fluent in English
City: Kuala Lumpur
State: Kuala Lumpur
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Accounting Specialist
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur MY