Multiple Locations: North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia • Melbourne VIC, Australia • Canberra ACT, Australia
Requisition Number: 216426
The Teradata Data Modeler Lead is a consulting delivery role as part of Teradata DWH projects delivery engagements.
You will work together with Business Analysts to contribute in the delivery of the business analysis and data design workstream for Teradata services delivery. You will help with a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools, and analytics, to extract the correct requirements from our clients and correctly design solution from data perspective.
Responsibilities and duties:
As a Data Modeler, you are responsible for the business analysis and data design workstream using Teradata methodologies and processes, including activities such as but not limited to:
- Data design – data modelling, data flow, data transformations
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution
- Requirements elicitation, definition and management (functional, non-functional) and associated documentation lifecycles
- Communications and stakeholder management
- Prototyping and UAT.
- Mapping business rules to logical model
- Perform recommendation for transfer of logical model to Physical model
- 6+ years’ experience in similar role
- Degrees Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas is desirable
- Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing, big data, data modelling and data analysis
- Industry experience from one or more core industries (e.g. finance, insurance, Government, Taxation, telco).
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
- Requirements documentation and information gathering techniques
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail focused, resourceful, decisive, composed, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Data architecture and data modelling
- Data analysis
- Advanced SQL
- Data integration principles
- Data integration software
- BI tools: specification, development, and use (e.g. Tableau/QlikView/BO)
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeller
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU