Senior Data Migration Technical Incident Management Engineer
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 216423
What You’ll Do:
As a Data Migration Support Engineer with Teradata’s Global Support Organization, you will be responsible for engaging in customer data migration operations ensuring the proper technical resources are engaged, technical issues are quickly addressed, and the call flow order is stabilized. The successful candidate will possess working acumen in many of the technical areas associated the overall data migration workflow and must be one with the desire and ability to assume control of a fluid situation making fast, yet reasonable suggestions and/or instructions to keep the call flow progressing in a positive direction.
In this role, you will be the key decision maker with the authority to direct the problem resolution path for fastest restoration to service. You will be responsible for managing restoration of any impacted data migration service affected by real or potential interruptions which may have an impact upon the quality or availability of that service. This will include managing technical sub-channels with tech leads who diagnose and rectify issues jeopardizing return to service. You will be responsible for the quality and integrity of the Major Incident Management lifecycle and be the interface to the other process managers.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Handle severity 1s, critical customers, and complex problems impacting customer data migration operations.
- Technically lead all aspects of critical incidents focused on fastest service restoration/recovery using a SWARM approach – bridge, SLACK/Teams channels, sync-points for sub-tech teams leading investigations (including 3rd party vendors and cloud providers).
- Support all SWARM activities globally when problems occur requiring specific deep technical and problem resolution skills often spanning regions working with other technical support contacts on a 24x7 coverage model.
- Active, on-the-fly, engagement and collaboration with all other technical teams associated with the oversight of a successful data migration. Including but not necessarily limited to:
- Global Change Control.
- Data Migration Services.
- GSO Base.
- Senior GSO Product Support Team (PST) Engineers
- BCM, DBS, OS/PDE, Networking, BAR/DSA, Hardware, Cloud Services, etc…
- Product Engineering
- Fast assessment of any impediments (technical or other) compromising a successful data migration that meets our estimated durations.
- Constitution, integrity, and confidence to assume a comprehensive leadership role for all data migration engagements restoring orderly call flow and positive migration progress.
- Assistance in root cause analysis identification and thorough documentation (Cases, Incidents, Knowledge Articles, CLCA, etc) and probable participation in post migration situation briefings when appropriate.
- Self-training and technical mentoring of other team members to keep the team abreast of the key technical areas associated with data migration with an emphasis on typical points of failure.
- All the above through a lens for the best possible path forward in service of the customer.
Skills, Qualifications, and Schedule Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (Master’s preferable) or 5+ years of demonstrable experience in technical areas associated with data migrations.
- Strong leadership Technical, situational, or other.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking capabilities a must.
- Flexibility to work in cross functional shift environment aligned with today’s common remote geographically dispersed staffing models.
- Position is subject to participation in an on-call rotation for critical migration issues.
- Current shift patterns for these positions follow a 4x10 work week with primary coverage being from Thursday through Sunday on a 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd shift bases depending on applicant’s regional details.
- Shift patterns could change over time as patterns of migration to the Cloud change.
- Demonstrated acumen in the technical areas of data migrations including but not limited to Business Continuity Management, Data Transfer Utility, Teradata Database, OS/PDE, BAR/DSA, Network and Cloud Services, SLES Linux and others.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow.
- Effectively document and share (via cases, knowledge articles, Jira, and/or training sessions) any-and-all technical knowledge gleaned from critical situation involvement that can help mitigate the severity of future occurrences of like issues or eliminate them entirely.
- Openly communicate process improvement suggestions and/or instructions to all stakeholders to ensure smooth data migrations operations for critical issues moving forward.
- Familiarity with Teradata’s documented Incident Management Process (IMP) strongly desired.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Migration Technical Incident Management Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX