Data Migration Consultant
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 216404
The Data Migration and Management Team (DM&M) seeks a team member to join the DTU Consultants group. To succeed, you should be a self-motivator with a strong technical knowledge base and the ability to learn new technologies and dig deep into technical issues quickly. Must be Linux OS savvy.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of:
• Teradata Database Architecture and Operations
• Linux Server & Networking Setups in both OnPrem and Cloud Environments
• Network Supporting functions, including Setup, Validation, End-to-End Performance Evaluation, Tuning, and OnPrem/Cloud Architectures & Security Requirements
• Backup/Archive and Restore Technologies – Traditional (BAR) and Data Streaming Technologies (DSA), Disaster Recovery Scenarios (DR)
• Enterprise Software, Distributed Systems, Cloud technologies, Support, Operations, and Product Performance Characteristics with the ability to clearly articulate strategic and tactical decisions and findings with a strong focus on practical problem resolution
• Experience with a globally dispersed organization is preferred
Data Migration Work
The Data Migration Consultant is the lead advisor to the Project Manager (PM) and Account Teams in preparing customers for data migrations. DTU Consultants will spend time upfront with the customer and the supporting teams to find issues or concerns with the planned migration.
Consultants are then responsible for the installation and configuration of the data migration Data Transfer Utility (DTU) software product, executing the data migration when scheduled, and cleanup and transferring the system back to the customer. Timelines and schedules are all driven by the PM in collaboration with the consultant.
Consultants’ responsibilities may vary depending on the customer. The consultant may have to tailor the migration approach due to specific customer requirements.
Data Migration Consultants abilities to:
• Deep level problem solving
• Active hands-on troubleshooting
• Supply focused collateral to support the project on time
• Collaborate and take part across multiple teams at a moment’s notice
• Technical Leadership on the state of the migration and its impacts
Will be the key requirements in driving successful migrations for consultants.
• Migrating Teradata system data from a Source TD System to a Target TD System for the express purpose of moving customer operations from one to another platform
• Ensuring the migration is executed in the least time possible with minimal customer effort
• Working with the Teradata Cloud Ops and GCC teams to complete DTU preparations
• Educating internal and external customers on the DTU Data Migration Service
• Supplying outage estimates on the duration of the DTU Data Migration Service
• System configuration to maximize migration throughput for various architectures
• Network configuration to minimize the DTU Data Migration Service duration
• Capturing & repurposing lessons learned for team collateral
*The ability to problem solve is a critical attribute for this role
The candidate must have a strong Linux background, operating system skills and some python/shell scripting experience. Specific training on Data Migrations & DTU tools and method will be provided.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline with 5+ years of experience
• Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams and managing issues that require management team support and buy-in
• Linux O/S Server configuration admin/setup/tuning for both OnPrem and Cloud VM systems
• Experience with BAR and Data Stream Architecture (DSA) setups and configurations
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting network services hardware from the physical layer and up the OSI stack
• Ability to create process and process design where none or little exist
• Committed to continuous learning and improvement
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
• Ability to deal with demanding customers and ability to thrive in ambiguity
• Strong customer service, communication, problem-solving, team-orientated and interpersonal skills
• Teradata knowledge and experience are strongly preferred
• Linux O/S savvy
• Experience with Teradata in Cloud and networking within the Cloud and connectivity to On-Prem client systems and networks
• Data Streaming Architecture (DSA) experience is strongly preferred
• Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
• Experience with application/script programming desirable (Python, Perl, and Linux Shell Scripting)
• Global organization
• This position requires regular weekend work and work outside typical 8 AM to 5 PM hours
Community / Marketing Title: Data Migration Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX