Principal Data Scientist
Multiple Locations: Melbourne VIC, Australia • North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
Requisition Number: 216396
We have an exciting opportunity to join Teradata’s APJ Services Tiger team as an AI/ML Analytics Specialist. In this role you will be primarily responsible for:
- Leading and responding to demand for our AI/ML analytics led solutions and services with senior Consulting leaders, Services Sellers and the Data Science community. You will be tasked with supporting business led analytics services opportunities from qualified leads to Pilots to deployments to production. [30-40% of your time]
- Work on billable POC and Pilot Projects to showcase the benefits of ClearScape Analytics, Machine & Deep Learning, Cloud and Big Data Technologies to customers. [20-30% of your time]
Additional responsibilities include:
- Engaging with existing and new customers to explain and position Teradata Vantage’s capabilities as a premier Advance Analytics platform in the Cloud delivering ML/DS solutions at scale.
- Develop and map existing and new machine learning use cases driving value at Teradata’s customers to ClearScape Analytics capabilities.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to come up with possible solutions/analytics.
- Collaborate with Teradata Data Science delivery teams in the Region and in the GDC to support account teams and prospective customers to analyze and understand customer requirements through extensive data exploration and analysis phases
- Work directly with prospective customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements.
- Work with Teradata delivery teams to define, structure and estimate analytics engagements integrating various analytical tools and frameworks; like SAS, Python, R, TensorFlow, AzureML etc., with the Vantage ecosystem and a focus on Vantage CloudLake Edition
- Strong hands-on data wrangling, statistical modeling and number crunching skills to develop the right insights
- Present findings to IT and Business stakeholders
- In this role you will develop Analytical Services proposals, prepare and review scope and effort estimations.
Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a master’s degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or Statistics. Preferably a Doctorate in the relevant field
- 15+ years’ experience in data driven field (e.g., BI, DWH, Analytics etc.).
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Java, etc.) and experience with Statistical concepts, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning
- Has experience both in presales support (estimating and designing customer solutions) and delivery, deployment of customer AI/ML solutions
- Business understanding for at least 2-3 fields/domains (Telco/Retail/Manufacturing/Healthcare etc.).
- Cloud Computing Experiences would be a plus (Azure /AWS/Google)
- Has experience and understanding of Vantage CloudLake and Vantage Enterprise
- Ability to analyze customer technology, define business requirements & participate in risk analysis activities
- Is driven, innovative, a self-starter and strategic thinker
- Can lead, advise, and advocate for customers and is able to build trusted relationships with customers
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU