Global Program Manager
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 216375
Teradata, one of the world’s leading providers of data analytics solutions to many of the world’s largest and most successful companies, is currently poised for an incredible growth cycle as our newest strategies and analytics technologies take hold in the market.
As a Global Program Manager on the Product Operations team, you will be responsible for leading and planning major strategic programs for near term and future delivery of our products and services as well as cross-theme initiatives for the Product organization. Your daily responsibilities will be varied and influential—including leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams, driving activities to achieve program goals, and engaging with company leadership to ensure high levels of communication and awareness. This role will also determine horizontal dependency programs to ensure visibility and alignment across the Product Organization and other key stakeholders.
Global Program Managers are responsible for overseeing the entire product introduction process. This requires someone adept at integrating efforts and activities across many leadership levels and organizations, including regular engagement with managers and senior leaders from product management, product engineering, field/sales enablement, technical enablement, sales, marketing, customer success, finance, IT, and more.
This role requires someone who is: (1) an eager and quick learner; (2) enjoys dynamic responsibilities and can work fluidly across many disciplines; (3) is methodical and pragmatic as a program manager and business strategist; and (4) is a natural integrator and team leader.
This will be a high-visibility role across Teradata initially focused on delivering a critical Ease of Use program. Prior experience managing programs related to User or Customer Experience, or driving usability improvement programs will be key to success in this role. Confidence and comfort working directly with senior leaders and executives is a must.
- Shape program strategy and drive its execution by translating the strategy into tangible outcomes via effective project planning, team management, and process management using agile methods and tools. The GPM leverages strategic thinking and strong knowledge product development to guide cross-functional teams
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify interdependencies, define and prioritize requirements, and build execution plan and timeline to manage program delivery
- Build and maintain program scope and schedule, track and communicate key milestones in the planning systems and manage the project plans of the program
- Drive the identification of opportunities to accelerate program execution including leading working groups, as relevant, and advising and coaching working group leads
- Drive communication within the program to ensure awareness and alignment of project decisions, priorities and key milestone updates across the Program Team and to executive leadership
- Identify and mitigate risks to program delivery. Escalate issues appropriately, and partner with senior stakeholders to make informed decisions more quickly
- Facilitate program meetings, and maintain and communicate weekly program health to stakeholders and executive leadership
- Work with the Product Management team to ensure timely, comprehensive, and otherwise smooth handoff of requirements to Engineering/Implementation Teams and their Project Program Management counterparts overseeing execution
- Monitor projects and oversee program workstreams via other project and program managers to ensure objectives are met and work is tracking on time. Know the “pulse” of all aspects of the program
- Champion team dynamics and lead new ways of working with the aim to build a high-performing team
- Proactively contribute to the department by sharing knowledge and helping others through coaching and mentoring, thereby increasing the collective performance of the Product Operations group
- Lead and/or contribute to functional initiatives or represent the department effectively on cross-functional teams to contribute to the broader organization
- Embrace the work in self-organized teams and proactively contribute to improve the GPM community
- Exemplify the behaviors of focusing upon the right work, taking smart risks, speaking up and challenging, fostering learning and creativity, and collaborating and building networks
- Seek to simplify and prioritize, act with urgency, act on behalf of the enterprise, lead with inclusion, build company reputation, exhibit a growth mindset, and build a culture of trust
- Be recognized as an ally to all stakeholders in our continual effort to get the highest value work and into the hands of the consumers who will benefit, with the least amount of friction
Education, Skills, And Experience
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant program management of product development experience in the tech industry, including a minimum of 5 years supporting cross-functional, global teams
- Prior experience managing programs related to Customer Experience for as-a-Service software platforms
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills to assimilate complex information to inform decisions
- Strategic leadership and influence to be effective in a highly matrixed organization with geographically dispersed teams
- Operate effectively in situations of ambiguity and guide teams through challenges, simplifying/distilling complex issues and influencing change
- Anticipate the needs of the program/business and proactively drive teams
- Effective use of interpersonal skills and influence to drive optimal team performance
- Display of leadership competency, executive presence, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to mentor others
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Experience with JIRA, Aha!, or other common tools of the trade
- Certification and experience in agile work, skilled in implementing agile methodologies in a team setting
- Project management certification and significant relevant exposure is preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Global Program Manager
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US