Principle Cloud Architect
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 216373
At Teradata, our customers use Vantage on AWS, Azure and Google to perform some of the largest and most complex data analytics to optimize customer experiences and develop solutions that help them achieve their financial goals and digitally transform in the cloud. To support this mission, we are looking for an accomplished cloud technologist with cloud development experience, cloud infrastructure services and architecture experience to help Teradata to build applications that drive sales process efficiencies.
This accomplished technologist will have responsibility to help define and deploy enterprise grade applications in cloud, cloud first data architecture model that customers and partners adopt using Vantage, help build and curate cloud technical assets. Also, this technologist will identify multiple options of architecting data solutions in public or hybrid cloud that meets the performance, resiliency, and cost requirements.
Teradata is looking to hire experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, programming languages like Python, Java and Go, and Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager and experience working on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platforms and experience with CI/CD tools like AWS Code family, Jenkins, Circle CI etc. We want individuals that can create technical definitions around objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate and mobilize resources, as well as deliver results.
Ideally, you’re someone who can write code, manage projects and a team of developers across time zones. As a Cloud Architect at Teradata, you will partner with customers, GTM, Alliances, engineering, and product teams to craft scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address business problems and accelerate the adoption of our new services when migrated or built-new on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. As a trusted cloud advocate, the Cloud Architect will help organizations and our internal team develop best practices around platform migration, integration, and architecture.
As a Cloud Architect at Teradata, you will partner with cross functional stakeholders to deliver desired outcomes. As a trusted cloud advocate, the Cloud Architect will help develop best practices and processes around platform migration, integration, and architecture.
• Technical degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of demonstrated technology experience in architecting, developing and successfully building highly scalable solutions.
• Proven experience of building scalable, performant solutions on AWS, Azure, GCP platforms.
• Hands on experience in programming languages like Python, Go, Java etc.
• Hands on experience of Infrastructure as Code solutions like Terraform, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager etc.
• Hands on experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Azure / AWS Code family etc.
• Knowledge architecting modern architecture frameworks, highly scalable distributed systems using open source and emerging technologies
• Knowledge and experience working on security compliance FIPS, FedRamp, PCI etc,.
• Experience building solutions in cloud
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Relevant certifications in public cloud services such as ‘Azure / AWS Certified Developer Associate’ and ‘Azure / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional’
• Serverless development using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, Google Cloud Functions etc.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Principle Cloud Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US