Business Value Consultant
Location: New York, NY, USA
Requisition Number: 216363
The AMS Business Value Consultant will be a core member of the WW Business Value Engineering team, providing leadership on business value activities that support our in-region customers and internal teams to understand the value they receive from existing data and analytics deployed, and/or supporting customers and prospects to understand future potential value from modernization of existing or deployment of new use cases, across industries. The Business Value Consultant will provide thought leadership around value engineering for the Americas region and assist sales teams in deploying these concepts for customers and integrating them into the sales process.
Furthermore, the Business Value Consultant will help champion value engineering concepts across the region through training and mentoring key stakeholders in the region and direct customer engagement. This role will report into the WW Business Value Engineering Lead with the following responsibilities:
- Value Engineering Expert: Engage with account teams, prospects and customers across the region to present and calculate the current benefits the customer has achieved from their use of Teradata technology (Business Value Realization) as well as help quantify the potential impact of future investments in Teradata (Business Value Assessment).
- Trusted Advisor: Act as a coach and subject matter expert to regional leadership, sales teams, and customer success teams, providing best practices, expertise and coaching on business value concepts, business cases, and strategies and tactics.
- Resource Development: Develop and standardize self-service templates and resources so IEs, AEs, and CSMs can apply business value selling concepts to customer engagements, account planning, success planning, ensuring value is captured, measured, and documented across the customer lifecycle. Collaborate with additional stakeholders to highlight customer success stories and value drivers based on real-time consumption.
- Enablement: Partner with sales enablement to design and deliver business value-related training globally for IEs, AEs, CSMs, and other roles; help drive consistent BVA and BVR execution through repeatable frameworks & concepts.
- Account Planning Strategy: Engage with top strategic customers via their account teams, working in close partnership with Industry Experts and Customer Success, to present, influence and measure business value
- Values Champion: Embrace, exude, and influence company core principles - customer & market driven, agility in execution, accountability to each other, and people centric with a focus on DEI.
The ideal candidate profile:
- A self-starter experienced in the discipline of business value engineering within a software platform or solutions company, including ability to translate data and analytic use cases into financial models and ROI
- Experience building scalable customer-centric frameworks, assets, and collateral
- Large enterprise market segment experience working within and/or with complex multi-national businesses
- Logical, analytical, and curious personality, used to facilitate discussions with strategic customers
- Experience and effectiveness in addressing executive level audiences, with strong financial modelling experience
- Great communicator with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and influence, customer focus, and a source of both clarity and energy
- A sense of urgency, team collaboration, attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Foster an environment of creative, “out the box” thinking and a “can do” attitude
- Naturally collaborative, autonomous, comfortable with ambiguity, and effective at driving impact across diverse groups and functions, with minimal direction
- Adaptable to change, and result-oriented team player committed to helping grow a high-impact business service
- 8+ years of professional experience, ideally in customer-facing or consulting roles
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Business Value Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US