Principal Developer Advocate
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Requisition Number: 216358
The Teradata Developer Experience team is growing and looking for a passionate and skilled Principal Developer Advocate whose main goal will be to empower developers to build on Teradata and be the voice of the Teradata developer community. As a developer advocate, you'll help create and grow the developer community. You will engage with developers from all customer segments/partners and create compelling resources such as demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and blog posts.
Through the Teradata Developer Experience team, you will shape how solutions get built for our customers -- the largest enterprises on the planet -- and hardest data problems in existence. You will be focused on helping developers be successful with Teradata and enabling our teams to better serve them.
- Drive awareness and motivate developers to build applications/integrations on Teradata.
- Be hands-on. Create and share content and technical resources that will enable partners and their developers to become successful, such as blogs, demos, API mocks, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and tutorials.
- Participate, monitor, manage and grow online developer communities such as Stackoverflow, GitHub, private forums, etc.
- Participate in internal and external technical analytics and data communities, building strong relationships with engineers, architects, product managers and partners.
- Provide technical expertise in developing partner strategy based on the gap analyses.
- Review, test, and provide feedback on partner integrations, and define and help implement processes that will improve the developer experience.
- Establish KPIs to measure success and impact of the Developer Experience team.
- Communicate developer requirements and provide input to product management on feature enhancements and future product direction as it relates to developer tools and integration needs.
- Work with partner alliance and product management team to investigate technical integration options for identified partners that leverage Vantage’s ability to differentiate.
- Follow technology and market trends and be able to formulate a point of view on their impact to the Vantage platform and partner portfolio.
- 10+ years strong technical understanding of design patterns for developing and deploying analytics.
- 5+ years strong technical understanding of analytic data warehousing, data platforms and the deployment ecosystem.
- 5+ years In-depth technical understanding of API design and related tooling.
- Passionate about data, analytics, APIs and developer experience.
- Experience in developer education, developer relations, and technical writing.
- Experience writing blogs, code samples, demos, or tutorials with modern development technologies such as Java, C#, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with common developer and API tools such as SDKs, IDEs, API Design, OAS, Postman, etc.
- Experience managing code repositories such as GitHub.
- Experience of working within cross-functional teams (developer relations, product management, marketing support, technical sales, etc.).
- Hands on experience with analytic tools.
- Familiarity with analytic ecosystem including data ingestion, data management, model development (e.g. ML/DL frameworks, data science platforms, AutoML), model deployment (e.g. analytic ops, collaboration tools, model monitoring).
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to explain technical details to technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to have:
- 5+ years strong technical expertise in Teradata Vantage features and capabilities.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Developer Advocate
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL