Requisition Number: 216353
The Project Manager who supports the South Asia + Korea Consulting Delivery team is responsible for providing pre–sales support, planning, scheduling, monitoring and directing projects on agreed client requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Project Manager will lead a single project or portfolio of projects depending upon size and complexity. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and third-party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical and quality objectives. The Project Manager owns projects beginning in the pre-contract sales process and will manage them through complete closeout.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Lead a Teradata consulting project or a collection of multiple projects
- Responsible for end-to-end engagement from inception to closure, ensure that right software development approach is followed.
- Identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives. Define the client’s requirements within the context of their business and assess the opportunities, benefits, risks and success factors of a potential solution.
- Participate in scoping, planning, cost estimating, pricing of consulting projects, statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, quality and within budget on client expectations
- Be responsible for and manage the budget/cost (P&L)
- Manage and foster relationships amongst stakeholders by building confidence and trust with clear professional communications and assured expectation management.
- Manage client acceptance of the solution in line with the agreed business outcomes.
- Maintain and communicate project status to all internal and external stakeholders
- Build a project team, including Teradata employees, offshore team, and contractors.
- Ensure proper set-up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time.
- Manages and/or produces project financial and status reports for the engagement
- Ensure that Teradata knowledge resources and tools are fully leveraged
- Lead project/engagement close-out debriefings to identify lessons learned and best practices.
- Responsible for preparation and compliance with internal controls and documents including participation in periodic reviews and audits as mandated by internal and client stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience record of minimum 15 years demonstrating the ability to manage successful project deliveries including strategic planning, budget/cost management (P&L), risk management and change management.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing Data warehouse, Business intelligence, Cloud Migration, Application and Analytics projects.
- Good understanding of CMMi and ITIL frameworks.
- Proven experience in managing large multi-national, multi-cultural teams across geographies on projects
- Solid understanding of agile and devops, preferably in data analytics area.
- Experience as a client-facing/onsite project manager.
- At least one of the certifications for PMP, Agile, Six sigma, Prince2
- Working industry knowledge will be a plus, viz. Telecommunication/Financial Services Industry/Aviation/ Manufacturing/Retail
- Virtual team and customer management
- Customer centric with an ability to work in large teams.
- Task oriented and solution driven with focus on deliverables, quality, cost and timelines
- Emotional intelligence and enjoy working with people.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset
- Able to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Ability to work within multiple time zones and diverse cultures
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
- Travel in South Asia is required depending on project assigned.
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG