Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 216347
The Vulnerability Management team is an integral part of Teradata Global Security and closely partners with and guides Cloud and IT Operations teams. We evangelize security at every stage of operations, and work closely with SREs to ensure applications are secure from deployment through deprecation. Our expertise lies in deep technical understanding of security and are security architects within Teradata and the wider security community. The Vulnerability Management team is tasked with building advanced security tools and methods for automating security.
The Vulnerability Management team is looking for someone who is passionate about automation and operations (DevOps) to scale security capabilities. The ideal candidate will work tirelessly to automate security processes, and will work with Cloud Operations teams to automate infrastructure as code to enable Ops teams to move faster. If you evangelize security automation and love to share your knowledge with others, this position is for you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to architecture decisions to ensure a consistent approach to vulnerability management
- Serve as the security subject matter expert during application and Cloud architecture discussions
- Collaborate with software developers to integrate vulnerability scanners into CI/CD pipelines
- Interpret vulnerability scan results, penetration test results and describe issues and fixes to non-security experts
- Provide vulnerability remediation guidance and mentoring to product development software engineers
- Evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or techniques that impact security
- Review, analyze, and evaluate both internally developed software and vendor products and procedures to address security requirements
- Identify and automate security processes and practices
- Write and deploy Docker applications
- Deliver security metrics to development teams
- Be a leader in security by researching ways to scale security and presenting at internal and external events.
- Train developers in various aspects of security to include secure coding, security requirements, static/dynamic security tools, etc.
Primary Job Skills:
- Work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layman's terms
- General understanding of and passion for computer, Web, and network security
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc).
- The ideal candidate is proficient in a programming language, e.g., Golang, Java, Python, C, C++, C#, Objective C, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn a programming language
- Deep understanding of HTTP and SSL/TLS protocols, and Web applications
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (all OSI layers)
- Proficiency in Linux administration
- Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
- MS/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred
Location: Hyderabad, India
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Security Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN