Senior Accounting Manager
Multiple Locations: Warsaw, Poland • Prague, Czechia • Dublin, Ireland
Requisition Number: 216338
SENIOR ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Location - Prague, Czech Republic or Warsaw, Poland
- Complete ownership of the Balance Sheet of a number of entities throughout EMEA, supervising accounting managers located throughout the EMEA region, ensuring delivery of month end and quarter end results.
- Ensure finance process work smoothly, such as payroll, purchasing, T&E.
- Manage complex outsourced relationship, including with ADP (payroll), BDO (statutory audits).
- Actively participate in corporate initiatives, including process improvement, new system implementation, acquisitions, through country specific and discipline specific knowledge.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage accounting process
- Ensure month end and quarter end is reported in accordance within corporate deadlines while respecting quality requirements.
- Ensure account reconciliations are done in a timely manner.
- Identify and execute action items to resolve reconciliation variances.
- Reporting qualifying risk items.
- Responsible for statutory accounts preparation and external audit for assigned countries.
- Recruit, manage and develop a team, which will include both qualified accountants and assistants.
Analyze Accounting Data
- Familiarity with systems, Chart of Accounts, and accounting policies used within a specific accounting discipline.
- Researching accounting entries.
Manage Internal Controls
- Frequent review of accounting transactions to ensure compliance with accounting policies.
- Running risk review process.
- Completing flux analysis.
- Maintaining supporting documentation and sub-ledger information.
- Executing and documenting post-close activity (entries).
Partner with Associates in Other Business Functions
- Providing data and reports to other function, including, but not limited to: FP&A, Tax, Legal, Sales, Logistics.
- Partner with other function to resolve business issues. The Accounting Manager will be expected to provide country specific and discipline specific input.
This position is partially remote and partially office based, with some flexibility on location.
Position will require some travel (10%).
- Accountant with 10 to 15 years post qualification experience.
- Supervisory experience within a multinational environment.
- Ability to see the “big picture”.
- Team player.
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication/ documentation skills.
- Language skills preferred (European or Middle Eastern).
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Job Category: Finance
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Warsaw, Mazowieckie PL