Director of Product Management
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 216322
The Product Management team drives the vision and roadmap for Teradata offerings in public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud), cloud database, and advanced analytic engines. We work cross-functionally across most parts of the business to deliver outcomes that matter to our customers, our company, and our team. We work as a team and are outcome driven. Teradata is seeking a passionate, highly motivated, and experienced senior director to lead the Strategy for the team. As a member of the Product Management Leadership Team, you will be shaping the strategy of Teradata’s Cloud business.
The Director, Product Management is a key leadership position in our Product organization. This role provides active direction to a high performing team of Product managers to achieve the best experience for our IDE, Drivers & Clients.
Define and drive the IDE Vision & strategy for Teradata
- Create an IDE strategy and plan for Teradata
- Manage Vantage Editor & 3rd Party IDE Extensions
- IDE Partner relationships
- Evangelize the strategy and partner with marketing for field enablement
Drive the client tools & driver strategy
- Define a unified & cohesive vision for CLI & execute on it
- Manage the drivers portfolio including distribution considerations
- Closely partner with the developer advocacy team to ensure a cohesive experience
Be a strategic partner for cloud native integrations
- Work with AWS Azure, Google Cloud on building connectivity to strategic Cloud native services
- Build business cases for making Vantage to be a first party sink for cloud native services
- Negotiate and enable a marketplace presence for the drivers to drive adoption
In this role, you'll be a leader in developing our IDE, ClI & Cloud native partner strategy using action-oriented data-driven decision-making processes. The role requires a candidate with strong analytical skills using data-driven approach(es) and a passion for driving business results. This role will include significant interaction with our customers, finance, operations, go-to-market sales, marketing, and cross-functional product teams.
- Engage with customers and prospects to define broader market requirements and feed that into the product portfolio to refine the portfolio and rationalize priorities
- Monitor market trends and bridge business gaps by authoring technical requirements for the scrum team.
- Engage with customers and key stakeholders on an ongoing basis to validate existing product requirements and evolve as needed
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load.
- Develop pricing strategies and monitor trends for new products and services.
- Ensure the delivery of committed roadmap “Epics” measured by objectively defined KPI’s.
- Manage products through various launch phases and follow-on releases.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers across dependent Agile teams.
- Promote sale of company products requiring extensive technical expertise.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs.
- Define and drive the business plan, strategy, and positioning of the services and solutions and work with internal and external partners to enable integration.
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales, and Operations to define the go to market plan and product collateral.
The dynamic nature of our high-growth business means that the successful candidate loves the challenge of constant change and easily adapts to shifting business priorities.
- At least 10 years of product management experience in a high-growth industry
- 5 to 10 years of product development experience
- Prior experience managing IDEs , Drivers and tools is a huge plus
- Developer experience and developer advocacy is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to use limited information to develop problem statements, analyze scenarios, and develop solutions
- Technical or business undergraduate degree
- Good understanding of legal documents and subsequent entitlements (customer and supplier agreements)
- Stays abreast of the latest industry and competitive trends and can analyze data/information from market research & intelligence tools such as IDC, Gartner, and Forrester
- Demonstrated personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- A good communicator who can speak to team members of all levels
- Familiarity with Salesforce, ServiceNow, Aha!, and JIRA applications, and tools
- Strong bias for action with a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects to deliverables
- Comfortable analyzing data and presenting to executive(s) stakeholders
- Experience in delivering B2B enterprise platform-as-a-service offers
- Product strategies & execution
- Partnership strategies
- Revenue Recognition
- Experience leading organizational activities (all hands, staff, extended staff activities)
- Talent Management
- Organizational Design
- Staff Development
- Experience with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) methodologies
- Experience with supporting investor relations for earnings call preparations
- Technical Undergraduate Degree
- Previous leadership experience in Engineering and/ Product Management
- Desire to learn and grow in a technical product management business career
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Product Management
Job Category: Product Management
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US