Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Requisition Number: 216320
Teradata is looking for a Program Manager to manage the Consulting delivery Project Management practice. The role is based in Cairo / Egypt with a scope to manage projects locally and regionally across MEA. The role includes both project delivery PM activities / people management for the existing team of PMs.
The Program Manager Lead is responsible for consulting engagements programs / projects management. The role requires effective co-ordination of the projects and management of their staffing / skills / inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. It also includes the co-ordination of the new capability for the business to enable effective change and realization of projected benefits.
In most cases, the program manager will work full-time on the program. The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum.
1. Planning and designing the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
2. Defining the program's governance arrangements
3. Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs and corporate, technical and specialist standards
4. Managing the program's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses
5. Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
6. Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements
7. Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the program's individual projects
8. Managing third party contributions to the program
9. Managing communications with all stakeholders
10. Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
11. Managing risks to the program's successful outcome
12. Working with the business change manager or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position
13. Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise
14. Reporting the progress of the program at regular intervals to different internal / customer related committees
On large and complex programs it may be appropriate to appoint other individuals to support the program manager for some of the particular responsibilities listed above, for example a risk manager, a communications manager or a benefits manager.
Skills & Attributes
1. Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
2. The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
3. Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs
4. Sound business case development and approvals skills
5. Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
6. Good knowledge of program and project management methods including MSP
7. Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
8. Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the program
9. The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG