Director, Cloud Alliance(AWS)
Multiple Locations: Singapore • North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
Requisition Number: 216306
Teradata is looking for people who are passionate about helping our customers leverage cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud BU team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team during fast growth and expansion. Suppose you are interested in working startup-like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services. In that case, Teradata is the place for you. You will join a team of business development professionals, cloud experts, and business builders to deploy cloud services and native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Business unit focused on cross-organization and company strategy and investments.
Teradata is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to manage, grow and develop Teradata’s APJ partnerships with AWS and its ecosystem of partners. Teradata is a leader in the Analytics market with offerings across On-Premises, and Multi-Cloud solutions. Our Cloud Providers and Partners are a strategic area of focus. This position is an integral part of the WW team working directly with sales leaders, pre-sales teams, consulting, and IS and ISV partner teams. The candidate for this role will be responsible for owning the regional (APJ) level relationship with strategic Cloud Platform partners. If you are a high-energy, collaborative individual who can manage multiple touch points and create strong relationships across the organization and work to support the success of our business within Teradata and the Cloud organization, this is the role for you.
Applicants should have a proven track record in partnership management or experience working with Cloud vendors. The scope of the role includes identifying new business opportunities with or through the Cloud Partner, including growth within existing Teradata accounts, managing the relationships and sales engagement process to gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution. The applicant will integrate relevant Cloud Providers into account planning and co-sell motions, support sales calls, and maintain up-to-date best practices on partnership. The role will require exceptional interpersonal skills and a deep understanding of Teradata strategies and business models.
In this role, you will:
- Shape and drive critical cloud business sales pursuits by Teradata and AWS.
- Define and execute a strategy to build effective in-country buying mechanisms (tenders, co-sell, frameworks, contracts, etc.) to become a trusted advisor to the field and our partners.
- Work collaboratively to qualify Cloud opportunities, from prospect to signature, working with account teams, partners, pre-sales, and consulting
- Help the GTM sales organization and partners understand the importance of approaching new sales opportunities in a way that enables Teradata and our customers/ prospects to benefit from cloud agility, innovation fully, and cost savings.
- Drive the increased co-sell Teradata motion with our Cloud Partners; facilitate communication, enablement, and resource alignment to accelerate growth.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Cloud Partner’s business objectives and effectively communicate within Teradata to drive incremental growth.
- Develop strong relations and advocates with key decision makers on the Cloud partner side, their ecosystem, and internally in Teradata to support the growth of our business.
- Identify new business opportunities with or through Cloud partners, develop plans for how Teradata can leverage these, and gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution.
- Develop presentations and materials to support sales with and through our Cloud partner.
- Support sales calls where a Cloud partner is involved by maintaining up-to-date best practices on partnership.
Education and skills you’ll require:
- A bachelor’s degree (graduate degree a plus) as well as five years’ experience in managing complex relationships with one or more of the following skills:
- Deep relationships and experience working with AWS.
- Experience in ISV alliance management at both a strategic, tactical, and operational level.
- Strategy, business planning formulation, and execution experience with measurable results
- Experience managing complex relationships across multiple organizations, levels, and disciplines
- Ability to manage a complex selling environment where objectives between the Cloud Partner and Teradata may not always be aligned
- High degree of executive presence; proven ability and experience to operate effectively at senior management and C-executive levels
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
- Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is desired
- Passion for winning, entrepreneurial, high energy, collaborative, responsive, and results-driven self-starter
- Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
The successful candidate will work from a Teradata facility or virtual and will be expected to travel on business (~25% travel)
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Cloud Alliance(AWS)
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG