Product Support Engineer
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 216254
Are you a problem solver? Do you like fast-paced technical environment that allows you to work with customers, field representatives, and engineers? If so, the position of Product Support Engineer is a great fit for you.
What You’ll Do
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members on a team of support analysts and subject matter experts, focused on delivering deep-level technical support to customers. A successful Product Support Engineer will develop a strong understanding of the Teradata Analytics Platform which consists of NewSQL engine, analytic nodes, and supporting analytic applications that surround Teradata’s analytic platform and ecosystem. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with core capabilities in problem-solving methodologies in technology areas that can be applied across the Teradata Analytical Ecosystem. This can include problem-solving with Databases, Analytic Applications, Business Intelligence Tools, Data Movement Technologies, Data Protection Technologies, Operating Systems, Linux, Networking, and System Performance.
- Develop product knowledge of Teradata Analytic Ecosystem for effective problem solving
- Work with customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
- Application of structured problem-solving methods to appropriately identify, isolate, reproduce, and resolve customer incidents
- Problem recreation & Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Interaction with Engineering and other peers to isolate product defects
- Track key technical actions, owners, and ensure problem-solving steps are clearly communicated and being tracked for status updates
- Treating every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
- Follow Incident Management Process & escalate when necessary
- High reliability and availability to be engaged even when not on-call or alternate shifts may be required
- Fluent in English & Spanish (Effective oral and written communication skills)
- USA B1 Visa Required (or ability to obtain)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 2+ years of technical experience working on relational database, cloud technology, DBA experience is a plus.
- Experience supporting a Linux or UNIX operating system
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Experience using a ticketing system or incident management system such as ServiceNow
- Experience supporting customers using complex database environment
- Knowledge of Relational Databases
- Knowledge of cloud technology
- Experience with scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Knowledge Linux System administration
- Understanding of Network architecture and troubleshooting
- Understanding of problem recreation techniques
- Experience with Dell and Intel servers
- Knowledge of NetApp and Seagate disk arrays
- Knowledge of SAN Environment
- 24x7x365 support environment/experience and willingness to work on-call rotation, weekends and after hours. High reliability and availability engaged even when not on-call
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX