Manager Data Science
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 216245
Position Title: Senior Manager Analytics & Data Science
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan.
Teradata GDC is looking to onboard Manager/ Senior Manager role to manage and lead the Data Science team in Pakistan. Interested candidates should have strong analytical skills, and business understanding preferably in Retail and Banking with excellent communication skills and an understanding backed by the experience of DWH concepts. In addition, the candidate should have prior managerial experience for mentoring and leading a team of advanced analytics consultants.
Successful candidates will -
- Reporting to Counrt Head Teradata GDC Pakistan, the candidate will manage and lead the data science team in terms of capability, delivery engagements, and personal development.
- Proactively work with GDC Analytics Practice leadership in developing strong prepositions around analytics consulting services to ensure required team utilization
- Work with Teradata global analytics communities to gain strategy insights, product features and roadmaps for staying ahead in supporting accounts and GTM teams globally.
- Lead Teradata Data Science delivery team in supporting account teams, prospective customers and global analytics initiatives.
- Analyze and understand customer requirements through extensive data exploration phases
- Work directly with prospective customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements.
- Work on POC and Pilot Projects to showcase the benefits of Advanced Analytics and Big Data Technologies to customers.
- Use Analytical tools; like SAS, TDWM, KXEN, SPSS, Python, R etc., to deliver the required analytics solutions
- Hands-on experience over Cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure or GCP is preferred
- Stong hands-on with data wrangling and crunching to develop the right insights
- Present findings to IT and Business stakeholders.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to come up with possible solutions/analytics.
- Minimum Masters Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Administration or Statistics. Preferably a Post Doctorate in the relevant field
- 8+ years’ experience in data-driven field (e.g. Data Science, DWH, Analytics etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in a managerial role leading the Data Science or Analytics teams
- Hands on experience with programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Java, etc.)
- Strong Statistical concepts
- In depth understanding of Machine Learning concepts and statistical modeling.
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning is a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Experience in data analysis is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage critical situations.
- Team player.
- Business understanding for at least one field.
- Story building skills.
- Comfortable with order analytics functions in SQL.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Data Science
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK