Director of Architecture- Data Management Services & Applications
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Requisition Number: 216190
This position is responsible for the technical and architectural oversight and guidance for all products in the Data Services and Applications group at Teradata. Success in this role requires the ability to define an overall technical strategy for these products and ensure common understanding and broad adoption within the product engineering group.
This position will be responsible for understanding the interdependencies and roles of multiple product groups, working broadly across Teradata to determine areas of potential innovation and drive research in these areas. This position will drive the current product offerings forward by tracking industry trends, leading edge research, and other external forces to identify candidates for potential inclusion in the longer-term roadmap. Overall, the success of this role will be highlighted by aligning the product roadmaps along technical and business needs and empowering engineering teams to deliver along those goals.
- Oversee architecture over multiple product areas, working with Product Architects and Product Managers to create a multi-year strategy that is appropriately defined, understood, and aligned
- Directly lead, mentor, and grow a small group of architecture leaders
- Guide development of POCs and prototypes leveraging cutting edge technological advances to evaluate viability and placement within longer-term vision
- Leverage industry trends, competitive offerings, and Teradata innovation, to define the technical strategy for all related product groups
- Identify and direct efforts to define new standards, advocate for adoption of those standards, and own and oversee technical debt tracking for multiple product groups
- Identify patentable work and engage the IDR process and legal to record and protect this intellectual property
- Minimum of 10+ years of related technical and leaders experience, with a university degree
- Subject matter expert with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on Google Cloud, AWS, Azure. and/or VMWare
- Holistic expertise in computer science fundamentals of system design, data structures, algorithm design, and more
- Broad experience across languages like Java, Go, Python, C++, etc.
- Prefer experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies, including advanced workload management
- Experience with DevOps processes, including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, Operations, and more
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Architecture- Data Management Services & Applications
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US