Security Architect- Data Management Services & Applications
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Requisition Number: 216169
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. We are enabling customers to maximize their cloud opportunities.
The Security Architect will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud to ensure Teradata solutions are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
The Security Architect is a highly technical security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Cloud Architects and Senior Developers to ensure Teradata Cloud security and compliance. The Security Architect is also focused on enabling secure Teradata Cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our development teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ownership of security architecture for Teradata as-a-Service offering
- Ensure a highly secure, compliant cloud computing architecture
- Contribute and maintain STRIDE based threat model documentation
- Define and/or contribute to security standards to be implemented by development teams
- Advise developers on cloud architectures and designs meeting accreditation standards
- Verify Cloud deployments match defined architecture
- Build architecture to support multi-tenant environments
- Liaison with our consulting practice to develop/enhance and document information security policies, procedures and standards required to design cloud-based solutions
- Ensure adherence to standard regulatory and compliance requirements by overseeing regular 3rd party security audits and penetration testing
- Learn and evolve continuously with the fast-changing cloud marketplace
- Understand customer base data security needs and applicable standard compliance requirements, and help design solutions fulfilling those requirements
- The SA will have excellent customer facing skills to be able to discuss security concerns raised by client security professionals and executives
- 5+ years of demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience
- 3+ years of experience with cloud compliance and/or common industry security standards
- Experience with securing enterprise applications on public cloud platforms
- Experience with cloud privileges, tenant isolation, and RBAC solutions at enterprise scale
- Development experience in C, C++ and/or Java
- Experience with scripting (e.g., python, GO, ruby, bash)
- Experience with RESTful Microservices
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA)
- Demonstrated capability to design secure systems on public / hybrid cloud as well as secure solutions for data in transit
- Technical experience working on database technologies
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Security Architect- Data Management Services & Applications
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US