Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 216151
Senior Software Engineer
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers, to build cloud services like data streaming and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms.
- This software engineering position is within Platform Tools and Utilities area. Main responsibilities include designing, coding, and testing the Teradata Parallel Transporter, a highly performant, parallel, and scalable load and unload product on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Responsibilities include all phases of software development life cycle from inception to customer support. The candidate must be highly motivated and creative software engineer with strong understanding of OO design, low level C and C++ programming and test automation.
- Strong understanding of OO design patterns and best practices
- Proven software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Proven track record of C and C++ development on Windows and Linux platforms, including multithreading, multi-processing, memory management, networking (sockets) and scripting
- Experience with Github, Artifactory, TeamCity or comparable software versioning and build technologies
- Knowledge of testing technologies and techniques, automation, and best practices
- Familiarity with shell scripting languages
- Familiarity with one or more Public Cloud frameworks, e.g. AWS, Azure or GCS.
- Understanding of relational database technologies and SQL
- Experience with software support and maintenance, documentation, and customer communication
- Solid personal management skills to smartly prioritize and work on multiple assignments at one time
- Work effectively in a geographically dispersed development team environment
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Telangana IN