Consulting, Advanced Technologist
Multiple Locations: San Diego, CA, USA • California, USA • Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 216146
Location - Virtual
The Teradata Advanced Technology Team (ATT) is seeking a team member to join the Consulting Group. To be successful, you should be a self-motivator with a strong technical knowledge base with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and dig deep into technical issues. Must be Linux OS savvy.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of:
-Network devices including: Load Balancers, Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Proxies
-Network Supporting functions including: DNS, LDAP/SAML, NTP, Cloud Supporting Functions
-SaaS, Enterprise Software, Distributed Systems, Cloud technologies, Support, Operations, Product Performance Characteristics with the ability to clearly articulate strategic and tactical decisions and findings with a strong focus on effective problem resolution
-Experience with a globally dispersed organization is preferred
Additionally, the successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills and have an ability to present facts/findings in high pressure situations, a drive to see troubleshooting efforts to a complete conclusion, and ability to articulate the “why” of the problem in both technical and non-technical methods. The individual should be comfortable communicating with all levels of technology and business personnel, from individual contributor to executive/C-Suite.
Duties will include:
-Assisting w/ the CAMP process to ensure that issues are identified, communicated, and resolved prior to Go-Lives
-Automation of CAMP tasks
-Develop Improvements across the Environment
-Ability to Logically prepare action plans down to the smallest detail to ‘implementation-proof’ them
-Creating Menus and Scripts using bash, sed, awk, etc.
-Expert at using standard Linux utilities such as iPerf, netstat, vi, DNS, LDAP/SAML, NTP, Cloud Supporting Functions, etc.
-Personality and skills (Like learning a foreign language or instrument):
-OS's (Linux, OS/x Mainframe, Windows)
-Troubleshooting - General to Specific
-Troubleshooting - Networking (On-Premise, AWS, Azure, GCS Clouds)
-Assisting 24/7 technical support for On-Premises and Cloud customers
-You will own incidents from end to end – ensuring resolution for the customer and root cause identification and problem-solving
The Team will address customer escalations focused on the following key areas:
-Driving problem-solving and resolution for network configuration, connectivity, and performance problems
-Cloud Network Infrastructure, Onboarding, Migrations, Application Connectivity and Performance
-Knowledge management and related activities to improve customer’s self-help and reduce the team’s incident management workload including focus on improved diagnostics capabilities, and contribute to automation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline with 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience working with many cross functional partners and managing programs that require management team support and buy-in
- Up-to-date knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Core Switching, TLS, Virtualization
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting all network services hardware from physical layer up the OSI stack
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting tools such as Fiddler, Tcpdump, Netmon, WireShark, Azure Support Center, KQL, etc.
- Ability to create process and process design where none or little exist
- Capacity to deal with difficult customers and ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Strong customer service, communication, problem-solving, team-orientation and interpersonal skills
- Teradata knowledge and experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with Teradata in Cloud and networking within the Cloud and connectivity to On-Prem client systems and network
- Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
- Experience with application programming desirable
- Global organization
- Some off-hours engagement may be required from time-to-time
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Consulting, Advanced Technologist
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US