Requisition Number: 216121
This Consultant position supports the South Asia + Korea Consulting Delivery teams in demand creation and delivery of Teradata high-value, strategic consulting services. The Consultant contributes to continuous improvement of services delivery methodology, standards, and tools by leveraging best practices knowledge and experience, and provides thought leadership and mentoring to the Solution Teams and Consulting Delivery consultants.
This person works closely with Sales and Consulting Delivery Management in creating and delivering on revenue opportunities for new accounts and user base expansion across Australia and New Zealand. The intent is to use specific high-value services to drive customer demand not only for Professional Services but also for Teradata data warehousing solutions (hardware, software, and applications). The Consultant is responsible for developing, facilitating and delivering these high value services while providing best practices knowledge transfer to other Consulting Delivery resources within the organization.
The Consultant is responsible for qualifying new engagement opportunities and the successful delivery of services in the Consulting Services Portfolio.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand customer needs and recommend the right solutions at the right time
- Be a trusted advisor to the client’s decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse technology and Teradata’s solution offerings
- Ability to work with Senior Executives
- Ability to support Sales Teams in positioning and selling High Value Services to prospect and existing customers
- Experience and knowledge of RDBMS technologies such as Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL, AWS Redshift, etc.
- Knowledge of the data warehouse implementation process, from business requirements through logical modeling, physical database design, data sourcing and data transformation, data loading, SQL, end-user tools, and database implementation
- Identifies and Utilizes Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and
- Good understanding of governance best practices for data warehousing and business intelligence
- Contributes to the development of new techniques, methodologies or plans within area of expertise
- Recommend improvements based on lessons learned
- Participate in knowledge transfer activities
- Mentor and teach others
- Participate and contributes towards development of other Technical Consultants
- Leads by example
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Motivated, Innovative and Resourceful
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment
- Ability to influence and coach others
- High level of personal integrity
- Proven high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Team focus - works within a professional services team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
- Results orientation – focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Meeting deadlines and produce high quality work.
- Relationship building – relates to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner. Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns. Initiates and develops relationships with others.
- Travel – Primary work location is Singapore based but is expected to travel to support professional service engagements across South Asia + Korea. Opportunities also exist for assignments across the Asia Pacific area depending on project assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Business, IT or related degree or equivalent
- Years’ experience 7+ years of progressive experience in/around data warehousing, business intelligence, and advanced analytical environments
- Experience applying structured methodologies in the creation/delivery of work product
- Experience in developing data warehouse best practices, standards, and methodologies
- Experience in identifying and designing patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies, and develops emerging patterns
- Preferred Professional Certification e.g., Cloud certification
- Strong presentation skills
- Ideal background would include Communications and/or Finance Industry knowledge
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas
- Consulting soft skills in communicating, establishing of strategic direction, influencing others, negotiating skills, operational decision making, problem solving, facilitating and managing meetings, and questioning and probing
- Expertise in Cloud computing
- Demonstrate some understanding of cloud computing and cloud native tools from at least one of the following CSPs (Google Cloud, Azure or AWS).
- Experience in designing and transferring applications to the cloud is a plus.
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Consultant-Data Engineering
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG