Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 216107
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
The Teradata Developer Experience team is growing and looking for a passionate Developer Advocate whose main goal will be to empower developers to build on Teradata and be the voice of the Teradata developer community. As a developer advocate, you'll help create and grow the developer community. You will engage with developers from all customer segments/partners and create compelling resources such as demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and blog posts.
Through the Teradata Developer Experience team, you will shape how solutions get built for our customers -- the largest enterprises on the planet -- and hardest data problems in existence. You will be focused on helping developers be successful with Teradata and enabling our teams to better serve them.
- Drive awareness and motivate developers to build applications/integrations on Teradata.
- Be hands-on. Create and share content and technical resources that will enable partners and their developers to become successful, such as blogs, demos, API mocks, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and tutorials.
- Participate, monitor, manage and grow online developer communities such as Stackoverflow, GitHub, private forums, etc.
- Participate in internal and external technical analytics and data communities, building strong relationships with engineers, architects, product managers and partners.
- Review, test, and provide feedback on partner integrations, and define and help implement processes that will improve the developer experience.
- Communicate developer requirements and provide input to product management on feature enhancements and future product direction as it relates to developer tools and integration needs.
- Passionate about data, analytics, APIs and developer experience
- Experience in developer education, developer relations, and technical writing
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to explain technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience writing blogs, code samples, demos, or tutorials with modern development technologies such as Java, C#, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with common developer and API tools such as SDKs, IDEs, API Design, OAS, Postman, etc.
- Experience of working within cross-functional teams (developer relations, product management, marketing support, technical sales, etc.)
- Experience managing code repositories such as GitHub.
- Familiarity with analytic ecosystem including data ingestion, data management, model development (e.g. ML/DL frameworks, data science platforms, AutoML), model deployment (e.g. analytic ops, collaboration tools, model monitoring)
- Hands on experience with analytic tools
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Developer Advocate
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US