Corporate Financial Planning Director
Multiple Locations: California, USA • San Diego, CA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Atlanta, GA, USA • Raleigh, NC, USA • Dallas, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 216060
The Corporate Planning Director will be a critical addition to the Corporate FP&A Organization to lead the global annual planning processes, assist in building out and enhancing analytical capabilities, and add data driven financial intelligence to the business leaders and senior executives.
The role will partner closely with regional and corporate finance teams as well as the broader Teradata leadership team to drive holistic alignment of planning strategy, timely and cohesive execution management, and overall ownership for world-wide planning activities.
A critical and out-of-the box thinker with strong collaboration, communication and influencing skills to help build out a structured and insightful yearly planning cadence. A motivated, self-driven finance professional with 15+ years of FP&A experience in mid to large size high tech companies, with strong focus on Corporate Planning management experience.
• Manage annual planning processes with clear timelines and structure.
• Understand overall corporate planning strategy
• Collaborate and influence planning discussions with senior leadership to align annual plan to business strategy and long-range plan objectives.
• Maintain and publish plan calendars.
• Design financial models and analyze historical, current, and projected financial data to support corporate planning activities.
• Work with global finance community to communicate and align on the plan
• Continuously monitor and improve current processes to streamline and scale.
• Create and maintain an environment of personal accountability that encourages ownership of issues and standards of excellence.
• Be a leader and driver of change management
• Bachelors degree in Finance, MBA strongly preferred.
• Minimum 15+ years related work experience, with minimum of 5 years of global corporate planning management in a lead role in a medium to large size high-tech company.
• Demonstrated ability to build effective cross-functional relationships.
• Strong leadership qualities to influence and lead cross-functional and global finance communities.
• Proven track record of continuously monitoring and improving processes to enable scalable finance organization.
• Excellent reporting, analytical and modelling skills with ability to clearly summarize and present findings to achieve business objectives and goals.
• Business savvy with ability to identify business critical issues to deep-dive.
• Highly proficient in advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
• Strong knowledge of ERP, Data Warehouse, and EPM
• Experience in SaaS companies.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Financial Planning Director
Job Category: Finance
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US