Senior Director of Operations, Consulting and Managed Services (Americas)
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 216057
Reporting to the VP Services Operations, the Americas (AMS) Senior Director of Operations, Consulting & Managed Services is responsible for effective execution of the Consulting charter and strategy within the company’s operating and GTM models in AMS. The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, consulting bid reviews and approvals, consulting pricing strategy and harmonization, driving of operational excellence and improving customer satisfaction. They will also include managing key operational functions such as resource and capacity management, delivery assurance, governance, risk management and delivery practice operations.
The AMS Consulting Senior Director of Operations will be responsible for working with the Region Delivery and PMO leaders, Services Sales leaders and the Global Consulting Operations team to design and implement the AMS consulting pricing strategy and bid governance, the region workforce strategy and capabilities, investments to improve services standardization and automation, and alignment with Sales and other business partners to deliver on the business plan.
The AMS Consulting Senior Director of Operations is a member of the AMS Region Consulting Leadership team. The AMS Execution and Enablement Team will report to him/her.
- Within this responsibility lies Teradata AMS Consulting services business strategy & development. Key responsibility areas include:
- Close cooperation with the Services Sales and Delivery business and leaders
- AMS Consulting pricing strategy and execution including:
- Overall responsibility for the Consulting price book, working together with the region leaders
- Harmonized bid review and consulting governance process across AMS
- Bid approvals and rate card approvals within AMS region, including approvals of non-standard terms & conditions
- Responsible for designing optimal territory delivery models
- Supporting consulting sales by driving efficiencies with use of GDC, assets and accelerators and standardized delivery methods
- Participating in MSA and rate card negotiations as required
- Responsibility for the AMS Execution excellence including process innovation and monitoring; metrics, KPIs and analytics; Consulting delivery tools and automation; and communications support within and outside Consulting. Includes working closely with Global Consulting E&E leader to ensure consistent design.
- Responsibility for AMS resource management, consulting risk management and consulting Program Office.
- Ensure alignment with business partners supporting Consulting, monitor successful delivery against agreed-to SLA's
- The KPI’s for this role during 2023 are the following:
- Margin improvement from 2022
- Transparency between reference price and sales discounted price
- Building and deploying a performance dashboard per managing and tracking Region business
- Standardization of processes, tools and reporting to be in-line with Global policy.
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years experience in Consulting, Managed services or delivery assurance
- 10+ years of management experience
- 5+ years experience with effectively executing a consulting business strategy, preferably in a technology company
- Knowledgeable about consulting pricing strategies and bid governance.
- Experience managing operational functions such as resource and capacity management, delivery assurance, governance, risk management and delivery practice operations, including budgetary concerns.
- Experience working with regional leaders from multiple lines of business across a global community.
- Collaborative, open, and flexible style with a strong customer service mindset; ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Proven experience using data to improve innovation, pulling metrics and setting/measuring KPI’s and giving visualization of these metrics to senior leadership; automation of this is a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director of Operations, Consulting and Managed Services (Americas)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US