Multiple Locations: Montreal, QC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 216056
To increase its market penetration within top Canadian companies, Teradata is looking to add an Account Executive to focus on the key commercial accounts in the Greater Toronto or Montreal Area. The position will be based in Toronto or Montreal. This position requires experienced sales professionals with a proven track record in closing complex analytics sales through consultative selling, and success in winning new customers. This role will be responsible for direct sales (orders and revenue) into named new accounts within Canada in the within these sectors, with responsibility for the sales of Teradata solutions, including Hardware and Software, Applications, Professional Services, Customer Services solutions, Education and Managed Services.
- Achieve assigned Order and Revenue Quota.
- Win new accounts in the Data Warehouse and Analytics sector in Canada
- Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover business issues within prospects
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Articulate the proposed solution in terms of ROI to the prospect
- Utilize team members including post-sales delivery professionals, pre-sales technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
- Develop new business opportunities and close new account business
- Close profitable Teradata data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services
- Understand and articulate the valuate of Teradata Professional Services
- Complete all required ongoing product and solution training within the timeframes identified for each course.
- Maintain a detailed tracking of all prospect activities for weekly review with management.
- Use Teradata sales tools to manage customer contacts
- Use Teradata sales tools to track opportunities, deal value, estimated close dates and selling phase
- Provide monthly reporting of activities and Sales Outlook Forecast to management
- This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel is also expected depending on the location of the candidate.
Skills & Attributes
- A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (Marketing, Sales, Management, Communications)
- Proven multi-year track record in working in complex, multi-million-dollar opportunities in major customer organizations within Canadian top accounts.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a large account relationship.
- Demonstrated success in selling Hadoop, data warehouse solutions, big data and deep analytics concepts, Business Intelligence and or ETL solutions.
- Familiarity with similar solutions from Oracle, IBM, SAS and SAP.
- Sales-level familiarity with technical aspects of computer hardware and software, current trends in computing.
- Experience in selling and articulating the value of Professional Services and Managed Services (Outsourcing).
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Outstanding presentation skills
- A self-starter, able to work independently and rapidly understand the Teradata Value Proposition and Solutions.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with ‘C’ and VP level executives
- Must have a valid passport, drivers’ license; be willing to travel within Canada and to travel unrestricted into the United States as required
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive
Job Category: Sales
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Montreal, Quebec CA