Senior Lead Data Modeler
Multiple Locations: Karnataka, India • Hyderabad, Telangana, India • Pune, Maharashtra, India • Airoli, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400708, India
Requisition Number: 216050
Teradata’s Global Delivery Center (GDC) brings together data enthusiasts from all corners of the world to support our customers across the globe. We analyze their business needs and address them with the most sophisticated data solutions including Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores and much more.
We deliver and manage complex hybrid cloud data management solutions
Role: Lead Data Modeler - Finance
10-12 years of experience in Data warehousing in which 4-6 in data modelling. Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models for Data warehouse. Create logical and physical data models using Erwin tool by best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy. Good Understanding of key Processes in, Banking (GL/Deposit/Loan/Bills/Instrument/Debit card/Credit card/Internet Banking), Investment Banking (Mutual Fund/IPO/Bond/Derivative/Portfolio management/Merger & Acquisition) and Insurance (General business/Life insurance/Property & Casualty). Experience in working with Teradata Financial Services model (FS-LDM) or Sound business knowledge of any Banking/Investment/Insurance industry data model for data warehouse. Good to have knowledge of other industry data models. Implement Data Profiling and develop/maintain complete source to target mappings. Create, manage and modify logical and physical data models using a variety of data modelling philosophies and techniques including Inmon and Kimball. Stakeholder’s interaction includes Enterprise Architects, Development Team, Business Intelligence team, technology vendors etc. Responsible for reconciling the project data models into enterprise data models in concert with business users.
Qualification – Bachelor or Master of Engineering
- Logical Modeling, Physical Modelling, Data profiling and Data Mapping
- Working experience with Teradata database, Indexes, TD SQLs, PI, MLPPI, Compression, Data Type selection and rightsizing, SI, JI, SOFT RI etc.
- Must be Ready to travel short-term and long-term for project assignment.
- Attitude towards learning business rules and integrate with data Model.
- Good understanding of Teradata database architecture and Teradata Physical Design.
- Good understanding of Data warehouse concepts, Data Governance and standardization processes.
- Understanding the Logical Data Model and creating the Physical
- Working Knowledge on multiple industries viz. Communication, Finance, Retail, Aviation, Manufacturing etc.
- Analyze business requirements to determine the data elements needed in the Semantic Layer and Core Layer data models to support the solution
- Interact with Business SMEs to understand required data elements, the business rules governing them and confirm definitions
- Create, manage and modify conceptual, logical and physical data models for the Core and Semantic Layers. Present data models to business and technical audiences for review and validation
- Create the PDM for the Landing, Staging and Source Image areas of the Acquisition Layer and Conduct the PDM review.
City: Bangalore - Virtual
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Lead Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore - Virtual, Karnataka IN