Sr. Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 216048
The Solution Engineer (SE) leverages data architecture, data warehouse, and analytics and associated domain knowledge to promote sales of Teradata solutions. The SE has broad knowledge of digital transformation, cloud modernization, and experience with Teradata products and technologies. The SE articulates analytical ecosystem architectures and trends, and provides technical consulting, as a trusted advisor, to support sales activities. The SE establishes and enhances customer relationships ranging from DBA to CIO, and provides technical expertise on engagements and identifies new target opportunities within our accounts.
Overall Job Purpose:
• Drive sales of Teradata software and services
• Technical sales leader for Teradata Account Team
• Serves as trusted technical advisor to client and facilitator of additional Teradata SMEs and functions
• Increase use of Teradata software through positioning of new features, adding new applications and taking out competitive solutions
• Demonstrates technical expertise and credibility with customers, from technical admin to CIO
• Understand and advise customers on data ecosystem architectures
• Partners with Account Executive and extended account team on account planning and strategy
• Work with overall account team to identify and qualify sales opportunities
• Assist or operate the internal ordering process, from solution sizing to deployment
Key Solution Engineer Responsibilities
• Advocate Teradata products and solutions to existing customers and prospects.
• Act as the “face” of Teradata to customers & prospects – able to quickly and easily articulate the value of Teradata software and services.
• Continuously drive and promote the value of Teradata solutions for customer business challenges – create value, articulate value, maintain value.
• Understand customer data and analytics challenges and help translate to business requirements in positioning Teradata software and services.
• Stay current with continuous education of Teradata’s latest software, platforms and cloud solutions.
• Craft creative solutions that leverage informed assumptions even when only partial information is known.
• Document client’s current analytical ecosystem, application architecture and data flow to/from Teradata and non-Teradata solutions.
• Understand and communicate customer-specific value of Teradata solutions and how they integrate with the customer’s analytical ecosystem as part of a future-state roadmap.
• Understand business value customers gain by use of analytics. Understand and align our software and service offerings to solve business problems.
• Manages relationships with client stakeholders as the key advisor on analytic architecture and by partnering with the customer’s architecture experts (ecosystem & domain architects).
• Creates client interest in Teradata solutions, advancing the sales process
• Syncs daily with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
• Comprehension of rapidly evolving open source and competitive technologies and how they compare/contrast or compliment Teradata offerings.
• Partner with Consulting, Customer Services, Global Sales Support, Pricing, Finance and sales to formulate offers and proposals.
• Facilitate and/or lead demonstration of Teradata Cloud and Analytics capabilities.
• Occasionally, take advisory and leadership role in strategic Consulting engagements in partnership with Consulting.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US