Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Requisition Number: 216042
About the role:
Teradata, a leading data analytics company, is currently looking to hire experienced Cloud Development / Applications Engineers in various grades to be part of our growing Cloud Engineering and Services team in Pune, India.
Cloud Engineering and Services Group at Teradata, is designed to accelerate cloud adoption amongst our on-premise customers, it simplifies provisioning, deployment, migration, and management using automation and intuitive user experience. It provides ongoing management of the Teradata products and services on cloud (across different providers). It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support our customer’s data.
Teradata is looking for experienced Cloud Engineers who possess a balance of technical proficiency, functional domain knowledge, with strong communication skills. They will work closely with other team members to implement cloud solutions / services. It will be covering all stages and tasks within the entire development cycle of a cloud application / service. They may also participate in solution building for moving existing services and remodel it in native cloud architecture.
- Work with cross functional teams in Agile software development to design and automate test plans; create infrastructure and environments to run components and end-to-end integration tests at scale.
- Develop and integrate automation tests as part of CI/CD process to enable rapid development, build, deployment, test, and production release of Teradata Vantage Cloud and Applications on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platforms.
- Develop deep understanding of features; proactively identify, troubleshoot and analyze software defects and risks independently
- Assist Cloud Engineers in the identification, reproduction and resolution of product defects
- Utilize understanding of quality engineering, DevOps, software engineering best practices and user experience to influence design and implementation approaches. The ideal candidate is a technically versatile team player with passion for quality.
- BSCS/MSCS degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in professional software/cloud engineering, including agile development.
- Strong test development & automation experience of Functional, Integration & UI tests (Python/RobotFramework based API testing, Web UI testing with Selenium Web Driver, Load Test with JMeter, etc.)
- Proficient in Golang, Python, Linux Operating System, Bash/Shell, and test development & automation at large scale (CI/CD) concept.
- Proven experience with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud platforms, micro-services, RESTful API-based architecture and networking.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review tools (Git, Jenkins, Jira, etc.)
- Good working experience in engineering practices such as code reviews, unit test, static code analysis, code coverage analysis, software security, etc.
- Basic knowledge and experience with database and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Dive deep, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN