Staff UX Designer
Multiple Locations: Pune, Maharashtra, India • Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 216030
As a Staff UX Designer, you will be responsible for designing the holistic user experience and communicating the vision of our products to stakeholders and partners, while validating your decisions through various testing and research methods with end users.
You will be on an Empowered Team and work closely with cross-functional leaders and stakeholders throughout the duration of the entire product lifecycle. This includes but not limited to product managers, product engineers, user researchers, user interface designers, content designers, and documentation engineers.
This role reports to the Director of Product Experience, on the Teradata Experience team.
- Accountable for designing the product experience through the creation of journey maps, wireframes, and task flows
- Partner with Product Managers to uncover user needs through engagement, design thinking-related methods for discovery, market and competitive research & analysis, and user testing
- Mix user, business and technology needs to design conceptual models, and to understand and simplify complex systems
- Build non-coded and/or coded prototypes to communicate ideas and concepts, and for user testing
- Lead design initiatives focused on understanding user needs and translating these into product strategies and experiences
- Plan and conduct user studies and research, and when necessary, partner closely with other researchers to aid in your research
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to validate hypotheses early and often
- Regularly share your findings and work outputs with peers, stakeholders, and cross-functional leadership
Your Everyday Characteristics
These are things that you are at your core. Think of them as strengths that come to you naturally and embody how you go about your life at home and at work.
- You are comfortable when sharing your opinions and goals with others, helping them understand so that they can align with and help you along your way to realizing them
- You are drawn to challenges that allow you to learn new things. Regardless of the subject, you want to learn more about it
- You take a great sense of pride finishing whatever it is you have committed to doing
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years professional experience in any of the following: product design, UX design, UX research, service design, or related field
- A portfolio showcasing your work and contributions toward shipped products
- Have worked on SaaS-based initiatives and/or companies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and can handle balancing multiple projects at a time
- Able to work as part of a team, and willing to accept guidance and direction
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that are used to build rapport and make connections easily with colleagues and our customers
- Are empathetic and able to connect with and understand user needs and desires
- Highly curious and inquisitive by nature, and eager to learn, discover and pioneer
- Ability to navigate and succeed in an undefined problem space
- Experience in implementing design thinking methods, user research principles, methodologies and deliverables, and the wide variety of research methods and what knowledge will yield from each method
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in:
- Capabilities around data management, including but not limited to data exploration, data integration, data transformation, data usage, and data sharing
- Reading and writing SQL
- Cloud database platforms
- Using Qualtrics, UserTesting, UserZoom (or other testing platforms), Dovetail, Aha!, Miro, and Figma
The Teradata Experience team is the driving factor to pivot Teradata to a world-class, customer-centric technology company, that transform how business work and people live through the power of data. We relentlessly focus on customer needs, drastically reduce the complexity of our product and services, and ultimately expedite business outcomes for every customer we serve.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff UX Designer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN