Director of Sourcing and Procurement Operations
Multiple Locations: Austin, TX, USA • California, USA
Requisition Number: 216024
Director of Sourcing and Procurement Operations
US Virtual / Mexico Virtual
Indirect Sourcing and Procurement at Teradata is on an exciting transformational journey. With a customer centric mindset and focus on continuous improvement, we are on a mission to provide world-class procurement services that drive exceptional business results. We leverage our expertise and bring the right people together to make impactful decisions, find solutions and fearlessly prioritize to deliver, innovate, and grow.
We cultivate Teradata's values to dig deep and aim high, rise as one and raise up our customers and our world. Leaning into these values we operate daily from a place of collaboration, continuous improvement, customer-centricity and ethics. We are a TEAM and lead with our people at the center of all we do.
Reporting directly to the VP of Sourcing and Procurement, the Director of Sourcing and Procurement Operations will play an integral role in leading the organization in our transformational journey. The successful candidate will co-create and implement a global operating model focused on service re-design, digital enablement, and end-to-end process transformation. Leveraging your innovation, passion, and growth mindset you will be a key driver in helping increase Teradata’s positive impact on Environmental, Social and Governance causes as they relate to indirect sourcing and procurement (i.e., supplier diversity and sustainability).
What You’ll Do
- Lead a global team of procurement operations and process improvement professionals in optimizing sourcing and procurement programs, processes, and technologies to drive maximum business value to Teradata.
- Provide leadership, development, and coaching support to Sourcing and Procurement Operations team as well as the broader Sourcing and Procurement organization when needed.
- Develop strategic plans and manage day-to-day operations of Teradata’s Cellular Program, Global Purchasing Card Program, Office Supplies Program and Travel Program.
- Lead Teradata’s third-party risk management strategy and day-to-day operations, partnering with business stakeholders to develop and drive appropriate risk tolerance and mitigation.
- Drive the ongoing design and improvement of global purchasing policies, programs, systems and reporting to ensure Sourcing and Procurement meets its commitments to the company and business stakeholders.
- Spearhead the development of Teradata’s Responsible Sourcing Program driving critical supplier sustainability and diversity initiatives.
- Partner with Sourcing and Procurement Leadership Team peers drive transformational initiatives that align to our mission, vision, and values.
- Co-create and drive execution of Sourcing and Procurement Operations’ transformational roadmap.
- Partner with Teradata senior leaders, functional business owners, architects, and data scientists to leverage Teradata Transcend in providing critical insights and data analytics to Sourcing and Procurement organization, business stakeholders and suppliers.
- Engage as a key business stakeholder representing Sourcing and Procurement in technical design and implementation of key design decisions for transformational solutions including (but not limited to); ERP+, Contract Management/CLM, vendor management systems, risk assessment/mitigation solutions.
- Represent Sourcing and Procurement on steering committees and leadership teams to ensure alignment and advance cross functional priorities and initiatives.
- Deep procurement and/or business transformation experience.
- Strong track record of purpose driven leadership, employee development, and turning innovation into sustainable business results.
- Demonstrated experience in providing thought leadership in developing and influencing business strategy at the C-level with internal, business and vendor stakeholders
- Sourcing and Procurement experience and capabilities in:
- Commodity spend analytics / management
- Indirect supply chain concepts including category management, stakeholder engagement and supplier management.
- Third Party Risk Management
- Supplier Sustainability and Supplier Diversity
- Prefered Suppliers
- Travel Operations
- Corporate Card programs
- Experience leading and participating in cross functional re-engineering or process improvement efforts; including experience creating process diagrams, analyzing workflows, developing standard operating procedures, and reengineering business processes.
- Expert knowledge of Business Architecture and cross functional knowledge of related business processes (IT, Accounts Payable, Finance and Business Functions)
- Clear and solid understanding of procurement tool landscape and source-to-pay ERP environments.
- Knowledge of procurement metrics/KPIs and advanced procurement data analytics.
- Understanding of and experience with ESG topics as related to third party suppliers: Supplier Sustainability (carbon emissions, science-based reduction targets, net zero, etc.) and Supplier Diversity (certifications, supplier diversity councils, spend tracking, etc.),
- Experience working on a global scale with a variety of cultures as well as coordination with global legal entities, regional financial controls, and government regulations.
- Curious, results driven leadership skilled at developing high performance remote teams through collaboration, growth and accountability Strong program and project management skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other MS Office applications.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, interactive listening, and thoughtful interpretation to formulate potential outcomes and communicate complex concepts.
- Superior communication, presentation and change leadership & management skills
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and passionate about excellence.
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of leading operations, including successful experience leading an end-to-end transformation effort
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Business Management. Master’s Degree preferred.
Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Sourcing and Procurement Operations
Job Category: Finance
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US