Location: Karnataka, India
Requisition Number: 216008
Teradata is one of the world's largest companies focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are designed to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes .Teradata leverages all the data, all the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. We call it pervasive data intelligence, and only Teradata has the industry-leading products, expertise, and services to deliver it today.
For more information about the organization, please visit us at www.teradata.com
Job Role: Teradata Operations DBA
Exp: 2- 12 Yrs.
- Working experience as Teradata Database Administrator (DBA) on Unix Platforms
- Manage and support 24x7 production as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability for various applications
- Incumbent should perform DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
- Role involves direct interaction with customer/vendors hence good presentation and communication skill is a must
- Should be a good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- 4 Year Engineering Degree or 3 Year Master of Computer Application
- 3-12 years of experience as Teradata DBA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 support on a rotational basis
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term if required
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Workload Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
- Project Deliverables
- Follow ITIL processes
- Manage Customer Meetings and Co-ordinating with Teradata GSC
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint
- Proficient in Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistant /TSET etc.
- User, Objects and Security management as per Teradata Best practices
- Hands-on experience in Statistics Management
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning
- Good at Unix commands and basic scripting
- Hands-on experience using DSA
- Strong debugging skills
- Well versed with ticketing system/production change request/ Incident management
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposed in managing/maintaining lower environments like Development/QA boxes
- Exposure to Teradata Utilities
- Exposure to troubleshoot FastLoad / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPT and should be good at error handling
- Exposure to coordination of Software/Hardware Upgrade Activities
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM
- Exposure to MVC, Capacity planning and performance Management
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting)
- Exposure to PDCR Reporting and Analysis
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) is a plus
- Working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting and Python skills
- Understanding of data archive/restore policies
- Automating various processes
- Exposure to environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, Business Objects, SAS, Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI were an important part of the environment
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept
City: Bangalore - Virtual
Community / Marketing Title: Database Administrator
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore - Virtual, Karnataka IN