Operation Services Consultant
Multiple Locations: North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia • Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia • Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines • Tokyo, Japan • Singapore
Requisition Number: 215986
The Operation Services Consultant role is key to the service delivery for customer’s Cloud Migration within the Teradata Customer Experience division.
This role is responsible for providing Operation Services to Teradata customers. The services include but are not limited to Cloud DMS (Data Migration Services), BAR (Backup, Archive, and Restore) Implementation, Operational Mentoring and Performance analysis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Deliver Operation Services to customers remotely or onsite.
- Typical services can include DMS to Cloud and other platforms, BAR Implementation, Customer Mentoring and Performance analysis.
- Determine customer capabilities and requirements.
- Analyse the customer inputs and define solution.
- Design and document customer solution based on these inputs.
- Implement solution recommendations as designed.
- Provide customer training if required for the solution.
- Conduct meetings with the customer and present or demonstrate to the customer as required.
- Identify processes, products and services areas of improvements and team with other analysts to improve the process.
- Participate and contribute to the development and continual enhancement of the delivery IP material (including methods, procedures, tools, training materials, statement of work, documentation, and report templates).
Follow and Advocate Teradata Best Practice
- Creation, review, and approval of Change Requests.
- Champion and implement best practice processes in all activities.
- Assess the risks, business impact (including financial) and technical resource impact of the solution alternatives
- Socialise the solution with the customer and make operational as required including presenting and gaining agreement for Solution Creation Plan, Solution Implementation Plan and associated risks
- Engage the region manager as the conduit to the account team when a proposed solution is not accepted by the customer, and escalation of technical issues associated with the customer's technical environment to the account team as needed to technical requirements.
- Report to the region manager on problem status and escalation issues.
- Provide feedback to project team, update the rediscovery database and complete customer records and call logs.
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback for the supplier performance, process improvements, and case documentation.
- Participate in pre-sales activities as needed to determine technical feasibility and supportability.
- Readiness to travel is a requirement of this position but it varies based on project assignment
- Deployment time typically ranges from 10 days to 3 – 4 weeks at a time based on client need and geographical location
- Experience in consulting with customers to analyses, design and deliver solutions.
- Providing knowledge transfer to customers.
- Large systems exposure: Teradata, NCR, IBM, SUN
- DBMS: Teradata, DB2, ORACLE, Sybase
- DBA & SQL experience of relational database at an enterprise level.
- Experience in one of the flavours of UNIX or Linux (HP-UX, Solaris, Suse, Redhat) preferably this would be in the form of UNIX Admin or as high-level user.
- Experience in system installations, upgrades and migrations using change management best practices.
- Experience in enterprise storage management solutions products Netbackup, Netvault or Tivoli Storage Manager
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts for UNIX, Linux and Windows environment.
- Knowledge of scripting in Perl or shell
- Additional language skills desirable
- Tertiary qualification advantageous (i.e. Bachelor Science, Bachelor of Engineering).
- Teradata certification desirable
- Adaptable – adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Self-motivated – able to use initiative to undertake tasks required with minimal supervision
- Results driven – goal orientated with the ability to deliver
- Good communicator – possess highly developed interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn – eager to grow skillset and knowledge constantly
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Operation Services Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU