Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 215979
Data Engineer – DataStage Consultant
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide application and managing large sets of structured and unstructured data. The candidate will be expected to analyze complex customer requirements and work with data warehouse architect to gather, define and document data transformation rules and its implementation. Data Engineers will be expected to have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the domain.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using native and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Write and optimize complex SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing using IBM DataStage.
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary configurations & infrastructure changes.
- Readiness to travel to customer sites for short, medium or long-term engagements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field.
- Hands-on experience with IBM DataStage and DB2.
- Good experience in developing DataStage Parallel & Server jobs and the ability to migrate DataStage code between different environments for data integrity.
- Expertise in developing DataStage job sequencers for complex business requirements.
- Ability to design and develop effective data integration and data extraction solutions using IBM DataStage.
- Analyze DataStage logs, perform root cause analysis and identify performance issues to reduce the runtime of long running jobs.
- Have designed and worked on multi-instance jobs in IBM DataStage.
- Experience with converting DataStage jobs into ANSII SQL.
- Good programming experience with Python and PySpark. Working knowledge of Data Frames.
- Experience with Tivoli, Unix and Azure DevOps is highly desirable.
- Strong RDBMS concepts, SQL development skills and Teradata Technology.
- Knowledge of data modeling and data mapping
- Experience with Data Integration from multiple data sources
- Good Data warehouse & ETL concepts
- Understanding of one or more business areas and industries: Telecom, Retail, Financial etc.
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Nifi
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with any of the Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera/Hortonworks
- Experience on any of one development or scripting languages e.g. Java or Groovy
- Good understanding and basic working experience with at least one cloud service provider: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and with their native tools.
- Good understanding of Agile delivery methodologies.
- Solid understanding of DevOps technology stack and standard tools/practices like Linux, Dockers, Jenkins & Git etc.
- Training/Certification on any Hadoop distribution will be a plus.
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK