Teradata Operations DBA
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 215948
Position Title : Teradata Operations DBA
Location : Islamabad
As the global leader in data warehousing and analytic technologies, Teradata solutions make smart companies smarter. Teradata gives companies the people, technology, innovation and a world-class network of customers and partners enabling them to gain competitive advantage to master their markets. With Teradata, the smartest wins. Learn more at teradata.com
- Manage and support 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- Incumbent should perform DBA related tasks in key areas System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting.
- Implementing security best practices and ensuring system optimal utilization.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
- Role involves direct interaction with customers/vendors hence good presentation and communication skill is a must
- Should be a good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offering on public cloud (AWS/Azure).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Workload Management
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
- Project Deliverables
- Manage Customer Meetings and Co-ordinating with Teradata GSC
- Computer Sciences Graduates or Masters degree holders
- 3-5 years of post degree DBA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes:
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Should have worked in Linux/Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Database administration best practices.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting and Python skills.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI were an important part of the environment.
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata Operations DBA
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK