Developer Marketing Director
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215946
Head of Developer Marketing for Teradata
The Head of Developer Marketing will be responsible for managing a team that defines, executes, and manages on-going Teradata’s relationships with developers, developer communities, and other technical communities. The role is focused on external activities that include Marketing to the developer community that impact buying decisions in the Cloud, Data, and Analytics market.
This role requires strong collaboration across Marketing, Product, Engineer, Customer Success, and GTM teams to help bring end to end programs to help drive influence with developers and other technical communities, as appropriate. This role requires building a strong network with Teradata subject matter experts. Your knowledge and internal collaboration will be used to build and nurture and grow relationships with developers.
You will define an end to end plan for building the developer marketing strategy and how we engage with the developer community, ensuring that we deepen engagement, and building fans of Teradata’s portfolio. With your manager, you will be expected to strategy, build a plan, and execute on those objectives driving key outcomes and KPIs.
- Developer Marketing planning and program definition and execution
- Establish a Developer Marketing team that will work collaboratively with Product Developer Advocates and Marketing to execute on goals and objectives
- Activate an untapped community of Teradata developers that every month drive over 3k new developer registrations and 300K visitors to promote our products.
- Engage with developer personas through events, webinars, newsletters, and technical blogs
- Work with Teradata Partner Team to leverage CSP developer communities and specific joint developer programs
- Strengthen digital presence with relevant technical content and market to developers where they are (i.e. Developer Portal, Slack, Medium.com)
- Sponsor and participate in external events that are relevant to Developers (e.g. Coalesce)
- Identify technical content and channels that Teradata should be prioritizing. Work with Developer Advocates for content generation
- Set up a cadence of Meetups and Open Office Hours events supported by Dev Advocates
- Run surveys to ensure we are capturing developer insights and measuring our impact
This position will require a person who has a strong knowledge of the development process, has knowledge of the technical space, and has a strong track record of building relationships across organizations, to appropriately align the company’s goals and objectives.
- Deep understanding of the developer audience and experience creating developer campaigns and messaging to this technical audience.
- 10+ years business experience in a high-tech B to B environment
- 7+ years of Developer Relations experience is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in persuasive communicating / negotiating
- Must be a self- starter and comfortable working remotely
- Strong project management skills; detail-oriented, and be able to re-prioritize
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be able to interact successfully and influence at all levels of the company
- Must possess exceptional judgment and demonstrate strong leadership presence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Developer Marketing Director
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US