Business Operations Specialist
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 215930
The Business Operation Analyst/Specialist will support Teradata Information Technology (IT) to create, track, manage all purchase orders and ensure they are created in a timely manner with accurate information in ERP systems. Timely and accurate coding, processing of purchase order is essential in supporting rest of Teradata business operations. Type of PO generally includes but not limited software, hardware/infrastructure, statement of work engagement or contingent workers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create & process purchase order upon requests from Teradata IT, which includes potentially any external purchases e.g. laptop, software, infrastructure…etc
- Ensure sufficient & accurate information is available for PO creation. Follow up with requestor(s) as appropriate to obtain correct info as necessary in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Procurement organization to ensure proper contracts (e.g. Master Service Agreement, Statement of work…etc) are in place resulting PO is created with accurate information
- Create & maintain a runbook of purchase order process / steps / job aid
- Propose process improvement for quality or efficiency gain as appropriate.
- Upon request, research historical software renewal information and generate report as needed g. due date in ERP system
- Generate monthly, quarterly report to remind respective IT leaders on any renewal pending; and allow sufficient time for negotiation / contract / PO processing.
- Create and maintain a variety of documents, including monthly PO process report, spent total, start/end date, spent type information…..etc.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Four-year degree in business, accounting, or a related field
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken settings
- Postgraduate degree in business or a related field
- Minimum two or three years of management experience
- BS/BA in business or related field
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience as business operations specialist / analysts or equivalent role
- Experienced user of ERP system as buyer / requisitioner. Strong preference with Oracle EBS and Oracle Cloud
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Experience collaborating with and supporting multiple organizations or functions within a large corporate environment
- Proficient on using Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel in creating various reporting via Pivot table function and formulas
- Knowledge on business process, business data and related key performance indicators
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Operations Specialist
Job Category: Administrative
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Telangana IN