Content Marketing Lead
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215911
Content Marketing Lead
Teradata is an industry-leader in the rapidly growing, critically important market of cloud, data, and analytics platform technology. For the past 40 years, we’ve successfully competed with and out-performed tech titans and start-ups alike. We’re looking for a strategic marketer and exceptional writer who will activate our content marketing program to tell our story, amplify our message, and advance our brand.
This role will help develop and implement the content strategy, corporate messaging, and go-to-market assets for a global marketing team in the B2B technology space. The opportunity is ideal for a driven, creative, and highly effective communicator with content marketing experience looking to grow into a leadership role. In this role, you will report directly to the VP, Content Marketing & Brand Strategy.
- Oversee strategy, execution, and performance as the lead for the content marketing function, building customer-centered and user-focused experiences that drive engagement, capture leads, and amplify brand story.
- Provide hands-on leadership for the ideation, development, and execution of content plans and asset development across multiple channels, ensuring materials address audience pain points, consider broader business environment, and convey a clear narrative to progress users through customer journey.
- Serve as subject matter expert on content marketing best practices, staying up to date with industry and market trends within discipline.
- Develop and activate content strategy within global marketing team and across organization, aligning to brand promise and business objectives while delivering a clear, engaging, and resonant story to target audiences.
- Identify effective content strategy and plan for developing assets related to programs and personas, working closely with product marketing, demand generation, and field marketing teams.
- Define and create set of key assets for prioritized campaigns and offerings as aligned to customer journey stages, ensuring asset standardization and adaptability to target audiences.
- Develop corporate messaging around Teradata’s brand identity and core offerings, including POVs, value propositions, outcomes, benefits, features, and more, collaborating and aligning with brand, product marketing, product, and sales teams.
- Organize the research, drafting, review, and socialization of key narratives, ensuring alignment to brand promise and integration with brand awareness, campaign program, and sales play initiatives.
- Maintain a sophisticated approach for Teradata’s brand messaging house, ensuring global adoption and understanding among key stakeholders.
- Work closely with VP Content Marketing & Brand Strategy, as well as brand, editorial, and product marketing functions, to effectively differentiate Teradata and its offerings from competitors to highlight our unique value proposition.
- Plan and execute content development for brand awareness initiatives, campaign programs, sales plays, thought leadership, and more.
- Conceptualize, draft, and revise copy for a variety of content assets, focusing primarily on digital channels but also in-person events, print collateral, out-of-home advertising, and more.
- Serve as point person for sourcing, drafting, and revising thought leadership content, partnering with subject matter experts across the organization as well as brand and demand stakeholders for activation.
- Leverage data to measure results of content produced, identifying core KPIs and tracking engagement and conversion across digital channels.
Skills & Attributes
- You leverage exceptional written/verbal communication skills and knowledge of marketing best practices to develop highly engaging content that resonates with audiences.
- You combine big-picture strategic thinking with the detail-oriented nature of drafting, revising, and finalizing content assets.
- You analyze complex, highly technical information and identify the ideas, stories, and themes that will resonate with a target audience.
- You deliver materials in a timely and collaborative fashion within a fast-paced, deadline-driven global team.
- You focus on data-driven measurement of content performance, leveraging web, social, email, and other channel analytics and data to determine how to improve content.
- You’re eager to collaborate across marketing functions, such as creative design, demand generation, product marketing, digital operations, brand, and more.
- You’re a “doer” who is excited about getting hands-on in the creation of content, while also being able to lead and empower team members in effectively producing content and continually improving the professional skills and output of others.
- 3-5 years of experience in content marketing, as well as 5-10 years in marketing overall.
- Holistic understanding of integrated marketing programs, including best practices for developing and activating content across digital channels.
- Experience in producing content and implementing content strategy across digital channels, such as organic search (SEO/SEM), website content, organic/paid social media, virtual events, email marketing, and more.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to apply editorial style consistently while maintaining proper voice, tone, grammar, and formatting.
- Interest and experience in leadership context with goal of managing direct reports as a functional lead.
- Web publishing experience with CMS tools
- SEO/SEM tools (such as Brightedge, SEMRush)
- Marketing automation tools (Marketo, Eloqua)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Content Marketing Lead
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US