Global Events Marketing Manager
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 215888
Teradata is seeking a Manager, Global Events Marketing. This role is responsible for driving event execution of global third party and partner events, Teradata signature events, and other industry events and roadshows. Candidate will be responsible for working within a shared services model, creating detailed budgets, planning and ROI analysis. Candidate will work closely with regional field marketing leaders to align event participation around strategic business initiatives.
- Identifying key industry events, planning event logistics, vendor management, maintaining pre- and post- event plans, and managing event attendance
- Collaborate with event vendors to ensure accurate and timely execution
- Aid in measuring impact from events and creating reports
- Budget/project management
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams (e.g. sales, communications, content, creative, field marketing)
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Create event implementation plan, with budget, specific tasks and timeline for each event.
- Work with internal teams to execute tasks and ensure all are aware of responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Partner with content and creative, and the digital teams in developing any required materials for the event
- Management of Cvent - online event planning software
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with vendors (hotels, food, travel, etc.).
- Provide full reports on event registrations, attendance, final expense reports and end of event reports.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Work with accounting to handle PO and invoice processing, as well as reconcile bills after the event.
- Implement/execute other projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field: hospitality management, marketing, communications, or business.
- Minimum 4-8 years directly managing global, region events and meetings, or third-party events.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong communication skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Ability to work within tight project timelines and remain flexible.
- Ability to travel domestic and international as required.
- Good understanding of database management.
- Experience with Cvent or other event management software is required.
- Experience with CRM software is preferred but not required.
CountryEEOText_Description: Our Culture We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are. Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Global Events Marketing Manager
Job Category: Marketing
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US