Senior Business Program Operations Manager
Location: California, USA
Requisition Number: 215852
The Special Project & Business Operations Manager’s role is to supervise and ensure the efficient business operation of business operation team in handling purchase order request creation, past external spend research and continuous process improvement in partnership with IT and Procurement. This includes managing the IT Business Ops staff responsible for creating processing and corresponding with IT and procurement in day-to-day business operations with the objective of enabling needed resources to be available in a timely manner. Additionally, the Special Project & Business Operations Manager’s role will be handling special IT project should the request arise due to evolving business needs. IT project can be for IT internal organization process improvement OR supporting other functions’ IT project need.
The Special Project & Business Operations Manager will also work closely with the IT staff and decision makers to recommend, develop, implement, and support ITP for all aspects of the organization.
This role will be reporting to the IT & Procurement (ITP), Office of the CIO (OCIO) organization.
o Business Operations Team Management
o Manage resources within OCIO business operations staff as part of operational planning and projects and organize and negotiate the allocation of IT resources.
o Work with stakeholders (IT and Procurement) to refine business process for continuous efficiency & effectives improvement
o Ensure the efficient utilization of IT resources within the business operation teams in support of the ITP organization.
o Oversee all reports and documentation related to business operations.
o Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and performance management actions.
o Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications key business and ITP stakeholders, often include senior leaders and end users regarding pertinent IT or procurement activities.
o Oversee IT business operations-related projects as appropriate.
o Projects implementation
o Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
o Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
o Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
o Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
o Plan & track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
o Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
o Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
o Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
o Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
Formal Education & Certification
• University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 10 years related work experience.
• Certifications in PMP strongly preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong technical knowledge of procurement and purchase order processing as part of business operations.
• Experience in managing a diverse & virtual
• Knowledge of utilizing Oracle EBS as buyer / requisitioner
• Proven experience in IT project implementation
• Adaptive to existing Teradata process, while able to continue improve
• Strong understanding of project management principles and methodology including waterfall and agile as example
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Program Operations Manager
Job Category: IT
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US