Customer Order Specialist
Location: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Requisition Number: 215837
Customer Order Specialist
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
The role of the Customer Order Specialist (COS) is to manage the tasks of reviewing, inputting, and invoicing customer orders. The COS will process hardware, software, subscription, education, professional services, and maintenance orders. The COS will use the tools and processes designed for order management and maintain compliance to all corporate policies involving order transactions. The position requires outstanding organization and communication skills for the candidate to be successful.
The position will be responsible for Americas order processing. The COS will interact with employees from all around the region and must participate in oral and written business level communications. Communication will be conducted primarily in English but we are looking for language skills so that COS can read contracts in the local language of the countries they support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Execute the defined order process and conduct effective interaction with Sales teams, while maintaining compliance with corporate policy.
- Generate customer invoices for assigned accounts in an accurate and timely manner. Recognize the requirements for any special invoicing provisions in the customer contract and react accordingly.
- Review customer order documentation for order acceptance; ensure appropriate documentation is received and complies with corporate order and revenue policies.
- Assist in the resolution of relevant outstanding accounts receivable and collection issues.
- Read and analyze various customer contract provisions that impact the order process and invoicing requirements.
- Ensure purchase order is accurately reflected in system.
- Learn and operate the various software and systems used to process all customer orders (WOT, ERP, CFS, Invoice Engine, Subscription and Maintenance Entitlement files, SOM, and all others)
- Create and maintain customer order jackets containing all required documentation.
- Process Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) within 5 business days of receiving requests.
- Solve issues involving order processing. Provide outstanding order processing service to the sales teams.
This position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. This position will require overtime at month ends. This position also will be even busier at quarter closes and year-end.
- The ability to learn and execute complex tasks, demonstrated by the completion of a Bachelors degree program in business, accounting, or finance (preferred), or through relevant work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to lead problem solving activity.
- The ability to manage stress without it negatively effecting work quality or professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Excellent organization skills and a high level of comfort handling details.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, all order related software and system tools (as listed in Key Area of Responsibility)
- Excellent work attendance records and habits.
- Ability to think creatively and adapt well to change.
- Ability to read, analyze and understand customer contracts, corporate policies, and miscellaneous order documentation.
- Oracle experience is a plus but not required.
- Must be bilingual with English and Spanish
City: Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Order Specialist
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
LinkedIn Remote: #LI-Remote
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mexico City, Mexico MX