Teradata Ops DBA
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Requisition Number: 215812
As the global leader in data warehousing and analytic technologies, Teradata solutions make smart companies smarter. Teradata gives companies the people, technology, innovation and a world-class network of customers and partners enabling them to gain competitive advantage to master their markets. With Teradata, the smartest wins. Learn more at teradata.com
Position Title : Teradata Operations DBA
Location : Islamabad / Lahore
- Manage and support 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- Teradata Operations DBA requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the data warehouse environment, including the database, operating systems and associated tools.
- Delivery responsibility includes Administration, maintenance and database performance optimization, capacity, security, configuration, scheduling, errors, and execution of maintenance utilities.
- Responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offering on public cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of administration, security administration, installations, optimization of environment and third party software support.
- Implementing security best practices and ensuring system optimal utilization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- User Management
- Security Management
- Space Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Workload Management
- Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
- Project Deliverables
- Manage Customer Meetings and Co-ordinating with Teradata GSC
- Computer Sciences Graduates or Masters degree holders
- 3+ years of post degree DBA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes:
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Should have worked in Linux/Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
- Good team player and ability to mentor small groups
- Database administration best practices.
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Understanding of Logical Data Model/Physical Data Model.
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting and Python skills.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI were an important part of the environment.
- Experience with Teradata in a cloud environment (public or private) a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata Ops DBA
Job Category: Consulting
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK